ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

First looks at OpenOffice 3.1

<< < (3/7) > >>

mahesh2k:
Ehtyar, Please do post it.

J-Mac:
  :o
wat?

My 3.0 installation didn't do that... they must have changed it.
-Edvard (February 27, 2009, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't experience it - I think it was still in beta or pre-release and when I went to look at it there was a lot of turmoil at their forums about it, so I just stuck with the version I had - think it was 2.3.x or 2.4.x - can't remember.

Jim

Ehtyar:
In the interest of simplicity, use the portable version of OOo for this as there's some DLL hell that needs to be sorted out which Haller has already done (stupid fsking visual c++ 9).
1. Take the 'App\openoffice' folder from the portable installation and place it where you want your OO installation to be. Rename it if you like.
2. Go into the 'program' folder inside the 'openoffice' folder and delete 'setup.ini'.
3. Open 'bootstrap.ini' and change the line 'UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/OpenOffice.org/3' to 'UserInstallation=${OOO_BASE_DIR}/../Settings'.
4. Done :) Your settings will now live in 'openoffice\Settings'.

Note: This does not take into account use of Java as the way OOo handles finding it is COMPLETE AND UTTER BULLS**T.

Ehtyar.

Edvard:
Thanks for the tip, Ehtyar, but has anyone tried OOo 3.1?

I think I'll try portablizing my current 3.0 install and give 3.1 a whirl, I'd love to know how it's coming along.
BBL with comments...

Ehtyar:
I haven't tried 3.1. I'm usually a bleeding-edge man, but OOo is unstable enough IMO.

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version