ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Open File Security Warning (Firefox)

(1/3) > >>

f0dder:
OK, this has been pissing me off for a while - the "Open File - Security Warning" dialog boxes when you've downloaded stuff off the internet. The warning was introduced with whatever Internet Explorer version, and uses NTFS Alternate Data Streams (probably the one called "Zone.Identifier:$DATA") to store the "this is a potential bad file" info. With FF2, everything was happyhappyjoy since it didn't write this crap, but FF3 does by default.

Open File Security Warning (Firefox)

I've made a few quick but futile google attempts, but wasn't successful and have other things to do, so I was wondering if any of the bright minds of DonationCoder have figured out how to disable this? :)

app103:
Some day I'll get to earn a living doing Google searches.  ;)

http://blog.case.edu/bes7/2008/04/21/removing_security_warning_on_files_downloaded_with_firefox_30

f0dder:
Luvya, app :-*

Didn't know the IE setting would take care of FF as well (though it doesn't surprise me) - but it is nicer to have a FF-specific fix. Knew about a lot of the other stuff in the article, but it's nice to see people who are thorough and provide good and complete information - good find.

Mind telling me which search string you used, oh google-fu master? :-[

scancode:
-f0dder (February 26, 2009, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

remove security warning firefox

works for me

f0dder:
-f0dder (February 26, 2009, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

remove security warning firefox

works for me
-scancode (February 26, 2009, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
/me digs a hole and buries himself and his lazyness.

Oh well, at least we now have a DC post about the issue. (Don't tell me there already was >_<)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version