ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

Can't Enter License Key

(1/3) > >>

GoodGuy98:
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling URL Snooper 2 Ver 2.22.02 several times and I can't get it to stay up long enough to enter the Help menu.

When it first started, it autodetected what appeared to be the correct device. I started the software again and it doesn't response when I click on the menu items. It hangs for a few seconds and proceeds to shutdown. It produces the license key message, but how can I enter it when it won't allow me into help?

I am attaching a screen capture.

mouser:
that's strange..  i don't know what could be making it crash.

try exiting and deleting the Settings.ini file in the program directory then restarting.
you might then try canceling automatic adapter detection and set it manually.

GoodGuy98:
I don't see a file by that name in the C:\Program Files\URLSnooper2 folder or the subfolder C:\Program Files\URLSnooper2\workingdir.

mouser:
well you're right -- that means its not even got to the point where its saving the settings file.  very strange -- never heard of this problem before.

are you running the program under a user account that might not be able to write to the disk?

i wonder if you might try copying the UrlSnooper2 directory to a subfolder of your personal documents and try running it from there, just in case.

what kind of network adapter card do you have by the way?

GoodGuy98:
I am running under an account with full Admin privileges. I install all software from this account which is probably a bad idea!

My network card is a Linksys LNE100TX(v5) Fast Ethernet Adapter.

The auto detect dialog showed it finding that. I am attaching a screenshot of that. Once I press OK, it allows me to hit the Help menu, then freezes up.

Just in case this matters, I am having trouble with the .NET framework. I contacted Microsoft XP Windows Update support, but they were unable to determine a solution. They suggested I go to .NET support, but I wasn't feeling well enough to write back and forth at the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version