ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

Can't Enter License Key

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
URLSnooper doesn't use .net stuff..
i see you have nlite installed.. i wonder if that might have something to do with it.. but i've never heard of this kind of problem.  did you try copying the folder to someplace under your documents folder and try running it from there? 

GoodGuy98:
I just copied the folder C:\Program Files\URLSnooper2 to the My Documents folder and it did the same thing.

I am not sure if this helps you at all, but I started up Wireshark Version 1.0.6 and it appears to work properly. They both use the WinPcap software, so I thought it may help you in some way. I am attaching a screen capture of the Wireshark Capture Interfaces.

As soon as I click on the File or Help menu in URL Snooper 2, it stops responding and shuts down after a few moments.

mouser:
ok these are useful clues.

You say:
As soon as I click on the File or Help menu in URL Snooper 2, it stops responding and shuts down after a few moments.
--- End quote ---

So am I understanding that the program will actually run fine if you do not try to access the menu?

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you rename the UrlSnooper.ntv.lng file so that it can't be found by the program (perhaps the problem is a with the language translation engine)?

GoodGuy98:
I renamed it as you suggested and it produced a couple of error messages about localization. The program started up next and displayed the message showing Automatic Network Adapter Detector was successful and waits for me to hit OK. It also displays the blue note saying obtain a license key. I visit the site to get the message to disappear.
This time it displayed a single URL in the results area. The moment I went to the menus, it froze again. It remains that way for several seconds and then shuts down without any error messages. I also cleared all the data in the Event Virewer before running it again. When it shutdown again, I checked the Event Viewer and no records showed. I am not sure if they are buffered and only appear later, but I thought I'd try looking there.

I just started the application again and opened a few web pages without touching the menus. The status line is showing it scanned 887 packets of internet traffic, so it works until I access the menus apparently.

Just FYI I renamed the file back after it didn't change the results.

mouser:
ok so:
the hang and crash ONLY happens when you access menu?  if you don't access menu it will run find for a prolonged period?
does it matter which menu you open?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version