ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is it possible to run an application as "Desktop"?

(1/6) > >>

kartal:
Hi
Does anyone know if it is possible to run an application as default desktop-desktop replacemen- stay on top of desktop? I know I can run htm, web application on the desktop but that is not what I need. I want an application to show up when I invoke minimize all (windows+m) . Althou my problem gets more complicated also because I use minimize, restore etc irregularly. I sometimes use min to tray, sometimes, hide, sometimes minimize, sometimes back to front etc. So I am really hoping that there is a way to keep an application on the desktop while rest of the apps can be minimized without destroying their window states and sizes.

I am not looking for a desktop shell replacement or something. I use a special calendar notetaking application and I would like this application to not to respect the " minimize all" command. 

PaladinMJ:
there has to be a way to accomplish this, mayhaps autohotkey? let me have a few days to dig into this....

cmpm:
here's what might be an answer

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1113.0

scancode:
So I am really hoping that there is a way to keep an application on the desktop while rest of the apps can be minimized without destroying their window states and sizes.
-kartal (February 24, 2009, 11:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try PinToDesktop :)

usage: pintodesk windowname/classname

example: pintodesk Untitled - Notepad

note: no quotes
use the tray icon to exit!

Download:
edit: minor bugfix
(VB6 runtimes required on Windows 9x/NT/2000)

kartal:
Hi,

I will give a try. Is this something that needs to be run everytime I restart windows? Does it need to run in the background?

So I am really hoping that there is a way to keep an application on the desktop while rest of the apps can be minimized without destroying their window states and sizes.
-kartal (February 24, 2009, 11:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try PinToDesktop :)

usage: pintodesk windowname/classname

example: pintodesk Untitled - Notepad

note: no quotes

Download:  (see attachment in previous post)
Requires VB6 Runtimes
-scancode (March 01, 2009, 09:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version