ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any freeware to change the case (capitalization) of clipboard text on the fly?

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
oops! you're right.. expect a fix this week.

cranioscopical:
im going to try to add hotkeys to the formatting presets soon -- once i do that you'll be able to configure it so you can just hit a single hotkey to apply the transformation without having to deal with menus, etc.
-mouser (February 24, 2009, 06:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
:Thmbsup:

rjbull:
A program that reads existing text in Windows clipboard, converts the case of the text to one several different options (UPPERCASE, lowercase, Sentence case, Initial Capitals, tOGGLE cASE) then pastes the text back to Windows clipboard.
--- End quote ---

Any ideas? I have to change the case of a few hundred little bits of text, so I need to make the process as simple as possible.
-garbanzo (February 24, 2009, 05:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Clippy.  You can set it up with one particular action as the default, and assign a hotkey to that action.  Then in your app, mark text, press Ctrl-C, press Clippy hotkey, press Ctrl-V, and your old text is instantly replaced by your new text.  It's the most streamlined app of this type I've seen.  I think Boxer Software's TextMonkey Lite can do it too (I have the Pro version, which certainly can), but you have to Alt-Tab back and forth.  And, as observed above, mouser's CHS can do it, but again needs several keystrokes in its present form.

garbanzo:
Thanks for the reply, rjbull!

Clippy is fantastic. A slim, no-install app with lots of features - perfect! Too bad it doesn't do sentence case :(

Text Monkey looks great, it seems to have a really nice set of features, but it would wipe out my software budget for the year (setting some aside for Windows 7, just in case), so I have to pass on it.

rjbull:
Text Monkey looks great [...] but it would wipe out my software budget for the year
-garbanzo (February 24, 2009, 01:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can't remember the full feature set of the Lite version, but suggest you check it out, as it's free.  Also, the Pro version has been featured as a discount offer on Bits du Jour.  They sometimes repeat offers, so it would bear watching.

[Edit]
You might try freeware TextMorph.  Warning - I have not tried this one myself!
Capitalize 1st Letter of Sentences
This tool will capitalize the 1st letter of each sentence it finds.  Sentences are found by periods, exclamation points, and question marks.
--- End quote ---

You might want to look at its command-line options and make a short cut to a batch file, activated by a hotkey, to make operation as smooth as possible.
[/Edit]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version