ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

registry editor

<< < (2/4) > >>

f0dder:
Does cFosSpeed change it's driver name? My guess is that it's the "a5mzjxub.SYS" device that's bothering you... could be a rootkit, but dunno - do you have something like daemon-tools installed?

oversky:
Sorry I didn't make my statement clear. It is a5mzjxub.SYS that bothers me. And yes, I have daemon tool installed. It installed sptd.sys on every early stage, the 5th shown in the ntbtlog.txt.

oversky:
f0dder, you are my hero. Yes, it's daemon tool installed this strange device. Is this done by purpose?

Sorry I didn't make my statement clear. It is a5mzjxub.SYS that bothers me. And yes, I have daemon tool installed. It installed sptd.sys on every early stage, the 5th shown in the ntbtlog.txt.
-oversky (February 22, 2009, 02:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

f0dder:
f0dder, you are my hero. Yes, it's daemon tool installed this strange device. Is this done by purpose?

-oversky (February 22, 2009, 02:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
-oversky (February 22, 2009, 05:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I believe it is - daemon-tools does a lot of stuff to try and avoid detection from game DRM crap. If you don't need this hiding capability, you can check out SlySoft's freeware Virtual CloneDrive or the freeware MagicDisc :)

dforionstar:

Is there a registry editor that can edit registry on another hard drive?
-oversky (February 21, 2009, 11:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Check out : http://regeditpe.sourceforge.net/ . Here is a what it does: "Registry Editor PE is an Open Source  plug-in for Bart's PE Builder which allows an administrator to easily edit registry hives and user profiles for any NT-based operating system which is not currently running."

Its a bit of work to set up BartPE, but it will allow you to edit a non-running registry, by hive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version