ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your mouse of choice?

<< < (15/17) > >>

mouser:
how come there aren't more mice with small trackball wheels where the mousewheel normally is? doesn't this seem like a logical thing to build?

olamoree:
Hmmm... One day I got a pain in my right wrist (I'm right-handed) so I moved the mouse to the left hand and have never gone back....and the pain went away.  I can still mouse and make notes, still mouse and do the keyboard and number pad, still mouse and drink coffee, still mouse and... It only takes about a week to get used to the switch.  The mouse?  A $1 PS/2 TINY laptop one (two button 3rd button small wheel) that on the bottom says, "Optical Mouse Model CM103" Made in China.  It is so small that I don't even need to spread my fingers out!  Can even pick it up and mouse on the top of my leg.  It used to have the click-click-click mouse wheel, but I intervened...inside, it is a plastic gear on the side of the wheel that bumps over a plastic stick inside... I just bent the stick out of the way and now have a "smooth wheel" like all the other guys.... and it is set for 3-lines-at-a-time so goes fast.  I guess its all I need. 

Doppelganger:
I like my Kensington Expert Mouse.

I've decided that wireless mice (and keyboards) are a pain.  I get tired of them not working half the time because the batteries need changed.

OldElmerFudd:
how come there aren't more mice with small trackball wheels where the mousewheel normally is? doesn't this seem like a logical thing to build?
-mouser (March 06, 2009, 12:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed. My best friend has a Logitech trackball mouse because she get cramps from arthritis. I struggle with the size of the ball in addition to never using any other one. Closest I can come to the feel is a touch pad. I don't use that either (I use some kind of MS wireless laser notebook mouse), if I can help it.

Mooseman:
I have to chime in on this one.  I have been using the MX 1000 for a few years now and it's still going strong.  Although it has been out of production for a while, it was the first to have laser tracking.  This thing is BIG, which is perfect for my huge hand.  It has tons of buttons, which is great for me while gaming.  There are three buttons for the thumb, one above and below the wheel, the wheel's middle click and the wheel itself tilts side to side for two more functions (great for leaning/peaking in games).  The scroll wheel is a click detent but not a strong one, which can make you go over one click too many.  I liked it so much that I bought another one for my work.  It just fits my hand that much better.  The battery will last over a week and it still holds a great charge even after about 3 years of use.

I have tried the Microsoft SideWinder gaming mouse.  Although it too was big and had great feel with the weights, it just didn't have enough buttons.  One neat thing was the ability to adjust the sensitivity on the fly so you can slow it down when sniping.  It also has the ability to record macros of keyboard and mouse presses and replay them at the touch of a specific button.  I wound up giving it to my kids and went back to my good ol' MX 1000.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version