ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your mouse of choice?

<< < (12/17) > >>

colonelz:
One more vote for the Razer Lachesis.  :Thmbsup: And also one goes to the Intuos 3 from Wacom for graphics stuff.

Since the first Razer i bought several years ago the brand is my favourite choice. The Razer Boomslang was a excellent gaming mouse in the past and it's successors Diamondback and Lachesis are also fine for daily work. If you worked some days with one and when you are familiar with it's sensitivity you stay. I think it's something like working with trackballs. I don't like them but they are also a bit special from handling and if you are familiar working with them you prefer them instead of moving mice.

I don't like working with cordless mice because normally they are to heavy. I liked a friends Logitech VX Nano a little, but not so much for a change.

TPReal:
I have recently bought a VX Nano, which has already be mentioned in this thread, and I agree with what has already been said - it is comfortable and nice to use (some people might say it is too small but for me it's not a drawback), and the main problem is it does not have the middle button. But for me setting the side button (the one with the down arrow) as a middle button is OK, just a matter of reprogramming your brain1 to have middle on the left :)

The flywheel :) is the main reason why I have chosen Logitech. It's great and I guess I'll never have a mouse without it again. There's really no easier way to scroll down a long document if you just remember an image you're looking for, or a particular "shape" of text in this place. It takes a bit of practice to make it spin up fast - spinning down is natural, while spinning up seems harder at first.

The only problem with the wheel I've encountered so far: when I scroll a long file in Eclipse it sometimes behaves strangely, like it changes the direction and for a moment goes the wrong way, or it does not stop immediately after I stop the flywheel. But the problem is definitely in Eclipse - I have tried a lot of other applications and encountered no problems of this kind. Anybody knows anything about this?

My previous mouse was X7 from A4Tech (I don't remember the exact series) which I can also recommend. It was comfortable to use, and I liked the fact that the cord was very thin and didn't cause this unpleasant feeling of resistance when there was not too much place on the desktop for it.

I had to buy a new mouse because after 2 years or so of using it frequently the wheel ceased to work properly.

1) Reprogramming one's brain is funny. If you don't like other people doing things on your computer when you're away for a moment, change directions of the mouse (left with right and up with down). You'll get used to it after something like two days and most people will feel completely lost and give up messing with your machine :) I used for this a small timer-based program I wrote once for fun.

Deozaan:
This is my mouser of choice. It's one of a kind and there are none better. :Thmbsup:

nite_monkey:
I personally don't like to spend a crap load on mice, all I need is my handy dandy el cheapo Logitech cordless internet pro, and boy is it old. You can't even find it on logitech's website anymore (at least I couldn't find it). I wish I had a right handed thumb trackball though.

Josh:
This is my mouser of choice. It's one of a kind and there are none better. :Thmbsup:
-Deozaan (February 25, 2009, 01:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

I beg to differ.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version