ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your mouse of choice?

<< < (9/17) > >>

app103:
That's very different than what I have.

Mine never click-clicks. It can't click-click. It has no detents to do that click-clicking with.

There is no 2 modes. There is only no click-click.

superboyac:
That's very different than what I have.

Mine never click-clicks. It can't click-click. It has no detents to do that click-clicking with.

There is no 2 modes. There is only no click-click.
-app103 (February 22, 2009, 03:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm...ok.  Then I need to make a correction.  There is no physical click-click, but the mouse will behave like a normal clicky mouse when it is in that mode.  So the two modes are controlled entirely by the software, and physically the wheel is always in free-spin mode.

That leads me to conlcude that the newer technology is just better.  Because now you can actually get the physical clicking back if you wish.

Thanks app.  Shoot!  And I was trying to be crystal clear.  i ended up adding more confusion!

steeladept:
I don't know about the other mice, but on the VX Revolution (as compared to it's larger brother, MX Revolution) there is a little slider switch to manually adjust how much "click" is available.  I find it nice as I occasionally set it to one setting or another depending on what I am doing (and how much I do it).  At first I didn't like the free-wheel much, but as I got used to it, I am finding I use it more and more in all situations.

Just a personal preference though.  I can definitely see where others would prefer the detents.

Paul Keith:
Thanks app, superboyac and steeladept. I think based on your clarifications that there really is no way to generalize the free-scrolling/smooth scrolling/loose scrolling technology into a mouse as this is just too subtly different between each models to figure out.

I think if possible this topic should also address this as a side issue. Which model's actual scrolling feels best? I know it can switch from person to person but for someone looking at these topics in order to find the right mouse, it could be troublesome to not trying to find out and forcing them to find each models of mouse hoping that it will give them that special feeling yet not knowing what special scrolling feeling they should be looking for.

Edit:

slaps forehead

Oh wait. Apologies app. When you were talking about scroll wheel feeling, I thought you were referring to a different model than the ergonomic one. Unless I'm mistaken, the reason it doesn't have bumps is because it's like a smaller scroll ball on the mouse right?

Something feeling like this if the size of the wheel was bigger and more exposed?

mahesh2k:
What's your mouse of choice?

Mo(-u)serBear

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version