ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your mouse of choice?

<< < (7/17) > >>

AndyM:
sounds nice
if you spin it does it keep going - is there that little resistance?
-tomos (February 21, 2009, 10:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

From the descriptions, it sure sounds that way.  I have to say I'm very curious.  I'll have to go someplace and check one of these out.

app103:
sounds nice
if you spin it does it keep going - is there that little resistance?
-tomos (February 21, 2009, 10:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, not like that, but it does take much less effort and a much lighter touch to move it. After using a smooth wheel for about 2 years, using a normal mouse wheel has a certain "ewwww" factor that feels "cheap" to me.

Darwin:
Ah, thanks for clarifying that! I've never used one, but it sounds analogous to some touchpads that allow you to scroll using the bottom and right edges of the pad?

Er... what's a free-wheel?
-Darwin (February 21, 2009, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
Our spokesman says, "something of which you'll never tire".
-cranioscopical (February 21, 2009, 10:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or feel deflated about, no doubt?

app103:
I think the closest thing I could compare the feeling to that you might be familiar with is the tuning knobs on an old TV.

The main VHF knob always clicks to each station. The UHF doesn't, and allows you more precision for positioning the knob to the exact spot required to tune in a station.

That's the same kind of feeling of precise control you get with a smooth wheel.

Darwin:
Excellent analogy, App  :Thmbsup: I miss those old sets - I hate being forced to use a remote control, for example. My newer (ie four year old) tv is pretty much useless without the remote - can't watch dvd's without it, for example, because there is no switch on the set to get to Video One. Talk about dumbing things down...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version