ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your mouse of choice?

<< < (3/17) > >>

superboyac:
I'm loving the Logitech 1100, which is supposed to be the upgraded MX Revolution I think.  They did away with the thumb wheel, though.  I love the free scrolling mode, I'll never go back.  Only occasionally will I go to click mode.  I was debating whether to get the MX or not because I thought I would like the thumb wheel, but some people said it was awkward.

Hirudin:
I've been using Logitech mice for a long time (I've owned something like 6 of their mice). I used to have the MX Revolution but the battery in it died (boo). I am now using the G9. I love the free-spinning scroll wheel! If you press on the scroll wheel it should middle click, if not there's a software problem somewhere. IIRC you might have to specifically program that button to do a middle click if you're using the Logitech drivers (I don't use Logitech's drivers any more, I find they're never updated).

Do other brands have free-spinning scroll wheels?

Paul Keith:
For some reason, I couldn't get into the "loose" scrolling wheel feel of the MX Revolution and it just didn't beat the feel of a cheaper mouse so I settled for the A4-TECH OPTICAL MOUSE OP-620D PS/2 BLACK:

It's lighter than your average mouse. Same design. Has a single double click button. Scroll wheel feels fine. Mouse buttons a little loose which ironically makes it much easier to double click so the double click button is almost useless. Optical. No mouse ball.

I guess as I grew more accustomed to generic mouse, the stuff that wows me about expensive mouses just doesn't justify the price of a cheap, light and durable enough generic mouse.

app103:
Do you know any mouse that has this 'free rolling' wheel while still having middle click?
-urlwolf (February 20, 2009, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

The one I use:

The v2 (what I have) has the smooth wheel. The newer v3 doesn't. And it's also a button, so you can middle click with it.

Oh, yeah...it also comes in a left-handed model, in the older v2, which is actually much easier to find than a right-handed v2, these days.

http://www.fentek-ind.com/mvmlbb.htm

Paul Keith:
How's the feel of that vertical mouse app? I've always been curious about ergonomic designs but I hear so much complaint about them. This one's more like a scroll wheel than a mouse right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version