ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Clipboard program help/recommendations

<< < (2/2)

Darwin:
Cloq - what a great idea! I'd love to have this functionality. I have Clipmate 7 installed, but have not "discovered" this capability within it - will dig around the help files, user manual, and forum and see if it is already part of the feature set (if it is, it is not immediately obvious from the menu)...

Darwin:
Just checked the Clipmate forum and note that inbound clip filtering is currently under development. I'm guessing this will be a feature added to version 8...

Cloq:
@rjbull

Will look into clipmagic.. Thanks.

*update*

Very nice find rjbull! :Thmbsup:

I managed to figure out most of the common fuctions within five minutes of using it. I love the filter settings choices especially the rule "window" contains "whatevername". I made a few web site categories using the name of the site as the window and clipmagic automagically put the clips in the right category based on my rules.

It almost covers most of my needs. I emailed the author (new feature request) for the ability as a filter action/function to be able to copy a given clip to however many categories. So it is basically a "member" of however groups.

On the cosmetic side, the UI is a bit dated and there are a few non-essential windows in where the text goes beyond the visible "window". This probably because I have my screen font size set to large (pretty hard to read normal size text when your resolution is 1920x1200).

@Darwin

Yep.. I am also using Clipmate. I suggested my feature request to the author awhile back..

@Mouser

Wow.. That is some serious undocumented feature/function of CHS, custom sql coding/queries.

RobC:
Please set your Font (DPI) size back to Normal, as many programs (programmers) do not expect users to be using that.

I would do one of the following, instead -
Buy larger monitor
   or
Reduce your Resolution
   or
Use a handy magnifier

Before you gag on the last suggestion, you should try Magnifying Glass Pro 1.7
I have mine set to magnify the whole window.
I just press Ctrl & Windows key, and my screen is double the size.
I just move my mouse, and I am navigating over my 'larger screen'.
To cancel, I just press the same key combination.
They have a free version as well, but I am not sure if You can configure it the way I have done with the Pro version.

MS should have built that ability into Windows, instead of offering that flippin change the DPI option (agh!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version