ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Finally perfected my download commenter after only 8 years

<< < (4/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
btw you can adjust the Mouse Hover Delay that governs how long you have to wait for Tooltips to pop up etc. in Vista as shown here:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/203607-mouse-hover-time-change.html

also if you have XP there's a setting in TweakUI.  It may be the same registry key but I don't have XP booted right now to look.

Apparently, at least in Vista the default is 400 milliseconds lag.  The downloadable .reg script from that link sets it to 30 milliseconds, but you can edit it to your preference.

MilesAhead:
I've updated TipOff to v. 1.4.  The Property Page dialog will now accept the Enter key.  Tab characters are not supported but you can use Enter and spaces to align comments.  The max comment size is @ 4 kb and there is also a max of 32 lines(hard end of line by pressing Enter.)  Other than that, as before, if you paste a paragraph or just keep typing the dialog text wraps.

The current data file should still be compatible. The comment file still uses alternating key and comment lines but it uses the tilde(~) character to signify a line break when processing the text.  For that reason tilde characters in the input are filtered out.

I also updated the Tip2Tree utility accordingly.

MilesAhead:
I have uploaded a beta 1.5 version with preliminary drag & drop support to copy files with comments out of a commented folder.  Currently it's still pretty buggy.  If the source folder doesn't have a CommentData.tof file, you'll get an error dialog for every file you dragged and dropped.  Also there's some issues to resolve with duplicate comments etc..  I wasted a lot of time today messing with stupid spaces in file paths or I might have made more progress.

Anyway, it works a little bit.  Hopefully with some feedback I'll smooth the operation out enough to make it usable.

If you try the beta please backup stuff and only experiment on expendable files.
Files in the target folder of the same name are overwritten without prompting.

Also check out the data shown during and after install.  You can send feedback to [email protected] if you like.

I think this is only supposed to be an announcement thread so perhaps sending feedback
via email is preferable, but Mouser can clarify if he wishes.

MilesAhead:
I made some good progress.  The readme files aren't up to date, but I got rid of calling the external app in a loop and just made a list of files, then called the copy app.  Seems to work from what I can see so far.  The copy app comes up with a progress bar.  Not that spiffy yet.  Should probably make it one of those thin shiny jobbers like hjSplit uses, but.. cosmetics can wait for a bit.

TipOff 1.5 Beta

edit: I spruced it up a bit.  Made the copy window small and centered. At least what I've tried so far if I drag to a 32 bit shell window, even a mapped network drive, it copies and the destination tooltip works.  I changed to Delphi 5 to implement the copy program since I have an Associative Array component I wrote that makes it trivial to filter out duplicate entries. The comment data files should be self-cleaning afa dupes.  No mechanism yet to filter out dead entries.  With a comment file in each folder it may not be a priority. A TreePad file made from a folder is easy enough to sort and edit in TreePad. There may be some subtle bugs still but it looks usable.

Take it around the block a few times and see what you think. :)

MilesAhead:
Works as well as anything afaict.

TipOff 1.5

:Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version