ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Postbox - a new Mozilla-based email client

<< < (5/6) > >>

40hz:
Take a look at Spicebird. A very promising newcomer to the email scene.

I started a separate thread over here:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=17076.msg151414#msg151414

laughinglizard:
.. it doesn't sort like Eudora. = )
-laughinglizard (February 16, 2009, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm curious - how does/did Eudora sort?
-tomos (February 17, 2009, 02:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Eudora sorts email using consecutive criteria.
For example, if I click on the Who (who the email is from) heading, Eudora will sort the mail alphabetically but it will also sort by another criteria if I want, such as Replied To or New Mail.
What shows up is all the email that's been replied to will be sorted alphabetically and grouped together at the top. Then read email will be alphabetically sorted and grouped under the email that's been replied to. Any New Email is sorted alphabetically and grouped at the bottom of the list.
In other words, it groups all the emails together by criteria, consecutively, instead of being able to sort by one criteria only.
Most email programs will alphabetize email by name only. Then if you click on Date, it re-sorts them by Date.
Eudora will sort by name, and within names it sorts by date, so you have an alphabetical list of email that is sorted by name and date.
(I hope that made sense)
Other programs will sort by name, then if you sort by date, it sorts only by date. It sorts one or the other, but won't sort by date and then by name so email is sorted by both criteria.
I hope that makes sense.

laughinglizard:
Take a look at Spicebird. A very promising newcomer to the email scene.

I started a separate thread over here:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=17076.msg151414#msg151414

-40hz (February 17, 2009, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've tried Spicebird, its very promising.

tomos:
Eudora will sort by name, and within names it sorts by date, so you have an alphabetical list of email that is sorted by name and date.
(I hope that made sense)
-laughinglizard (February 17, 2009, 09:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

not only makes sense, I've wished for it on many occasions ;)

EDIT:-
TBird does actually sort by chosen column AND by date but you cant choose the second column by which you would like to sort

laughinglizard:
(I hope that made sense)
-laughinglizard (February 17, 2009, 09:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

not only makes sense, I've wished for it on many occasions ;)

EDIT:-
TBird does actually sort by chosen column AND by date but you cant choose the second column by which you would like to sort
-tomos (February 18, 2009, 04:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't know that about TBird, thanks for telling me.
Postbox may do something, they have a lot of people asking for that feature. So far they've been responsive to requests for features, recently adding a vertical view for email.
I haven't tried the Mozilla version of Eudora yet so I don't know if it will sort the way Eudora does. They've been working on keeping Eudora's features on top of a TBird engine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version