ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (1208/1232) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Okay, I just gotta ask:

Why does everyone seem to rip on WinRAR?!?

I've been using it for years, and never had a problem with it.

wraith808:
I think it's the fact that it lost the competition a while ago to a lot of people's estimation.

Deozaan:
Why does everyone seem to rip on WinRAR?!?

I've been using it for years, and never had a problem with it.
-Stoic Joker (May 04, 2021, 02:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think the joke is that WinRAR is bad software. I think the joke is that everybody uses (or has used) it, but nobody has purchased a license.

Stoic Joker:
but nobody has purchased a license-Deozaan (May 04, 2021, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well damn, I guess I should frame mine then..

I think it's the fact that it lost the competition a while ago to a lot of people's estimation.
-wraith808 (May 04, 2021, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I must have missed that (competition thing). But I'm old; take naps; might have slept through it...or forgot. I don't even remember why WinZip annoys(/ed) me.

Target:
I don't even remember why WinZip annoys(/ed) me.-Stoic Joker (May 05, 2021, 05:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

it was probably a long list (poor compression, no compatibility, very basic functionality, etc etc etc)  ;D ;D

IMHO WinRAR was a tool that was far ahead of the competition (great compression, multi format compatibility, great functionality, etc etc) though that gap has closed considerably (and it only took a couple of decades!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version