ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (1182/1232) > >>

Stoic Joker:

Thought this was interesting

tomos:
13. The true meaning of 42

In The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy the supercomputer Deep Thought is built by a race of hyper-intelligent alien beings to determine the answer to "life, the universe, and everything". Deep Thought determines that the answer is somewhat anticlimactically "42". It sounds like a joke, but is there more to this answer? Douglas Adams was an unabashed computer nerd and knew a heck of a lot about programming language and coding. In programming, an asterisk is commonly used to translate as "whatever you want it to be". In ASCII language, the most basic computer software, "42" is the designation for an asterisk. A computer, Deep Thought, was asked what the true meaning of life was. It answered as a computer would: "42" = "anything you want it to be". Genius.
--- End quote ---
Thought this was interesting
-Stoic Joker (June 16, 2020, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
I like it a lot :up:
I found the text and cleaned it up, want to save that :-)

Ath:

Arizona Hot:
silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]   silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]   silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]   silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]   silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

From email. Let me know if you want to know more of what was in there.

4wd:
For those that watched the Chernobylw mini-series, (which was excellent):

And COVID related:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version