ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (1168/1232) > >>

Deozaan:
How come it's so trendy to hate on PHP so much? Is there a succinct explanation on what's wrong with PHP? Seems like a walk in the park next to something like the nightmare working in JavaScript has become.
-Deozaan (February 09, 2020, 07:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

https://dev.to/jjsantos/why-some-people-hate-php--55dn
-panzer (February 14, 2020, 12:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I followed some of the links down the rabbit hole and it seems everything I find from people saying it is bad is just tautology. Something in the form of "I know PHP is bad because everyone knows PHP is bad."

EDIT: I finally found an article that goes into actual details about the problems with PHP: https://eev.ee/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/

Arizona Hot:
One of the problems of nudism is the lack of pockets, especially for men(male purses?).

nickodemos:
One of the problems of nudism is the lack of pockets, especially for men(male purses?).
-Arizona Hot (February 21, 2020, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fanny pack!

holt:
It occurred to me in a salient moment of pessimistic whit that an alien master race prior to going extinct, goofed up the creation of the Solar System in a markedly 'human' political tour de farce, somewhat as follows;
The Asteroids were a prime example of bickering between rival political factions, a la alien-style 'Republicans vs Democrats', in which the original planet got accidentally blown to pieces by super weapons.
Mars' water was appropriated by the Saturn faction to populate Saturn's ice rings.
Earth's Moon was set up as a penal colony, and its pockmarked surface is the result of successive armed uprisings, all of which were put down by prison wardens.
Venus is a bio-weapons experiment gone wrong.
Jupiter is a combination comet- & asteroid-sweep, and cleaning solution storehouse of ammonia bi-chemical compounds.
Pluto was intended to be a way station but got placed in the wrong orbit.
Earth was supposed to be a theme park vacation resort, in which the park flora & fauna got loose because of plate tectonics, and took over.
Mercury was a botched attempt to turn a gas giant into another Earthlike planet by putting it too close to the Sun, causing it to go too far in a misguided plan to boil off its unwanted gaseous shroud and leaving a burnt-out cinder.
Uranus' north-south axis was the original orientation of the entire planetary system, including the Sun, all of which somehow got misaligned due to a data conversion error in the Solar System's original template optics.
Neptune remains a perplexing mystery, except that it was rumored to have originally been annexed from the Alpha Centauri system, which wanted it back.

Arizona Hot:
-Arizona Hot (February 21, 2020, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fanny pack!
-nickodemos (February 21, 2020, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Probably not as big as many purses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version