ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (1158/1232) > >>

Deozaan:
What screams "I'm insecure?"
-wraith808 (September 17, 2019, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Someone taking a screenshot of their own joke to share on social media. :P

wraith808:
I'm not sure that's from them, though... :)

Deozaan:
I'm not sure that's from them, though... :)
-wraith808 (September 22, 2019, 05:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Let's look at the evidence. :)

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

1) This screenshot was captured within the first minute or two of it being posted.
2) The up arrow is orange, meaning that whoever took this screenshot upvoted the joke.
3) This joke has only one upvote.
4) The screenshot shows that the joke is positioned just below the OP even though the OP is 9 hours old.

Now, let's consider how Reddit works:

4) The reply text box is just below the OP, and when you make a comment to a post, it will show up (for you) above all other comments (until you refresh the page).
3) & 2) When you make a post or comment on Reddit, the site automatically makes you upvote yourself.
1) It's unlikely that the joke had existed on the site long enough for significant up- and down-voting by others.

Due to this evidence, I feel reasonably confident in saying that this "mikeseese" person who made the joke is also the person who took the screenshot. 8)

And it just may be that those who are more familiar with Reddit on mobile could see other evidence that makes it even clearer. For example, I think it's possible (though I am not sure) that the "profile" icon next to mikeseese's username or the color of the username only shows up for the currently logged in user. :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
I'm saying that I'm not sure that were I procured it from wasn't from them.  It wasn't from a user mikesee, and it wasn't from AskReddit nor anything actually on Reddit.  /me shrugs

Deozaan:
I wasn't making a comment about where you got it from. I was just talking about the origin of the screenshot.

Most likely the original screenshot was taken by the person who made the joke. Then he shared it on social media, and it got repeatedly copied and re-shared, etc., perhaps for a few years (since the move to https "everywhere" is fairly recent), until you came across it.

And also, now that I've taken all the fun out of it by explaining everything so seriously, I just want to clarify that my original comment on the topic was itself just a joke. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version