ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (1147/1232) > >>

Stoic Joker:
^This^ explains much of what I run into in the field..

Shades:
Have had it several times already that offices move from one building to another and that I had to pull all the network cabling from one location to install this into the other location....and that I wasn't allowed to spend extra time to cut cables to size where needed. Because cheaper. Which is shortsighted as any future maintenance becomes more time consuming because of the "puzzle factor" that that any cable mess introduces. and there is only so much you can do to keep (much) too long cables out of each other's way. Lack of storage space for the surplus cable makes it not fun to work in patch rooms/server rooms in such cases.

Ah well, it is as it is.

Arizona Hot:
silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]   silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]    silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

Connect Four - I think I took it too far

Expand to see animation of gifs.

Stoic Joker:
Have had it several times already that offices move from one building to another and that I had to pull all the network cabling from one location to install this into the other location....and that I wasn't allowed to spend extra time to cut cables to size where needed. Because cheaper. Which is shortsighted as any future maintenance becomes more time consuming because of the "puzzle factor" that that any cable mess introduces. and there is only so much you can do to keep (much) too long cables out of each other's way. Lack of storage space for the surplus cable makes it not fun to work in patch rooms/server rooms in such cases.

Ah well, it is as it is.
-Shades (April 10, 2019, 09:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

I here ya man. I do work for a local school, and the first time I went in there they had 100+ cables on their rack all of which were 6+ feet longer than they needed to be … And all of the server/VoIP VLAN/backbone/etc. were also all the same friggin color.

$300 worth of color coded 1 & 2ft patch cables -and 5 hours of trace/replace - later the Admin almost cried when he saw what I did with it.

wraith808:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version