ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (1137/1232) > >>

Shades:
[ Invalid Attachment ]

If Guns Kill People T-Shirt 2nd Amendment Gun Rights
-Arizona Hot (December 27, 2018, 03:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Should the 'I guess' on the shirt not be replaced with 'I'll guess'?

T-SHRTS make spelling grammar mistakes.  :P

4wd:
Should the 'I guess' on the shirt not be replaced with 'I'll guess'?

T-SHRTS make spelling grammar mistakes.  :P
-Shades (December 27, 2018, 05:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

So do forums apparently.

IainB:
^^ No, the 1st person (present tense) of the verb "to guess" would do fine for this context, and I know what I'm talking about, as you will be able to see from my profile.

IainB:
@Arizona Hot: Just to let you know that, after I showed her your post about the "If guns kill people" T-shirt slogan, my 17 y/o daughter now plans to buy one online. She's a member of the local school ABB (Anti-Bullsh#t Brigade) - as am I - an advocate of womens' rights, a budding scientist (studying molecular biology) and an advocate of critical thinking, and of the Austrian School of Economics, and the Westminster model of democracy. She is already a proud owner of a MAGA hat -  which goes everywhere with her (most recently to Japan), though I'm not sure whether it means much to the Kiwis or Japanese who see it.

IainB:
There's a rather amusing video clip from LBC with a presenter called Nick Ferrari who is taking a detailed look through the BBC TV Christmas program scheduling - which scheduling appears to be chock full of repeats with little if any original content. (The BBC is paid a shedload of tax to meet its mandate to spend the taxpayer's money wisely - including on sponsoring lots of original UK content.)
I couldn't find a link to the video clip on the LBC website, but you can see it on the page where I originally found it at TV Licensing

I don't think I'd heard Nick Ferrari before, but I found his factual, methodical, blow-by-blow account of the scheduling quite amusing. (I was also quite surprised as I hadn't realised the BBC still produced such rubbish nowadays.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version