ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (1087/1232) > >>

Arizona Hot:
silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

The perfect shirt for geeks. And well, all busy parents, everywhere

TaoPhoenix:
Anyone want a career as a serial killer's victim? It pays well and is a long-term job if you have the talent for it. You get your first month's pay beforehand.
-Arizona Hot (October 28, 2017, 01:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh I know this one!
With intense training beforehand, you can survive one of Saw's traps! (Sometimes).

TaoPhoenix:
Maze Images.png:
-Deozaan (October 24, 2017, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't get it. Is it not just some QR Code?
-ConstanceJill (October 28, 2017, 05:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I felt bad about my last response. I didn't want to explain the joke for fear of ruining it, but in hindsight, I suppose the joke can't be appreciated if it can't be found. So I updated my original post so that now the QR Code is a link which should be more helpful in explaining why I found it amusing to stumble across a QR code image named "Maze Images" seemingly randomly.
-Deozaan (November 01, 2017, 12:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Shaka, when the walls fell!

panzer:

IainB:
Trigger Warning! - macabre/black humour follows, with some very real and potential risk of danger from falling irony and thinking twice.

Congratulations on earning a Darwin Award nomination, and R.I.P. (6th March 2016), Thomas Millward (19) - a 1st-year Cambridge engineering student.
Commiserations on a near miss to earning a simultaneous Darwin Award nomination, to his girlfriend Daniella Mieloszyk (21) - a Cambridge human, social and political sciences student.

Theirs is a happy little tale about two bright young Cambridge undergrads cheerfully risking wrecking their brains and lives because they thought it "would be such fun", or something. He was studying engineering, it seems, but presumably neither he nor she had any proper knowledge/understanding of science - chemistry or biology - and where the cardinal rule for scientific repeatability/success is: Never run an experiment with yourself as the lab test animal.

Depressingly moronic. Airheads both. Parents' worst nightmare and saddest realisation. He earns the nomination for the Darwin Award (for cretinously and self-destructively removing himself from the gene pool) and his attractive, but apparently equally idiotic girlfriend is left with a salutary lesson for herself - and for the rest of us too - and the grim reminder that she collaboratively assisted in the creation of his death-defying (NOT) act. Bet she's grateful she didn't go the same way. It's a bad trip that ends in a fall/dive to the death rather than swimming at a sunny beach in Spain. Oh dear, what a pity, never mind.

A contact at Cambridge informs that there is a rumour (unconfirmed) that Cambridge university are asking students for suggestions for re-naming the staircase/stairwell/landing involved in memory and recognition of Tom Millward's death/achievement, or something, and some of the enthusiastic contributions so far apparently include, for example: (They'll only make sense if you read the article from the UK Telegraph News, copied in part, below.)

* "Millward's End",
* "Millward's Trip",
* "Millward's Dive",
* "Millward's Flight",
* "Millward's Leap",
* "Millwards' Landing",
* "No Man's Landing",
* "Foresight End",
* "Navigational Error",
* "Pilot Error",
* "Genes End",
* "Engineer's Folly",
* "Oops Stairs",
* "Flight of Fancy",
* "Gravity Rules",
* "Gravity Well",
* "Well, Well, Well",
* "Newton's Apple",
* "Tom's Apple",
* "Not Adam's Apple",
* "Where's me shirt?",
* "Where's me undies?",
* "Who Needs Clothes?",
* "Bad Risers",
* "Dead Man Risers",
* "Mind The Step",
* "Who needs steps?",
* "Look! I can fl...",
* "Far Out Man",
* "Falling Man Stairs",
* "Dead Man Flying",
* "Dead Man's Stairs",
* "Dead End Stairs",
* "Daniella's Despair",
* "The Mieloszyk Principle",
* "Acidic Outcome",
* "1P LSD",
* "Gewürztraminer Is Better",
* "Ow! That hurt!",
* "Descent Into Idiocy",
* "Wheeeeeeee Stairs",
* "Parachute Stairs",
* "Skydivers' Stairs",
* "Periodic Stairs".
(Looks like typical, variously clever/obscure, gruesome and callous undergraduate humour.)

Informative post below from the UK Telegraph News. Very revealing towards the end.
(Copied below sans embedded hyperlinks/images.)
Cambridge student died after taking legal high two months before it was outlawed

Harry Yorke
20 NOVEMBER 2017 • 7:10PM
ACambridge University student died after he and his girlfriend bought a legal high from the internet months before it was outlawed, an inquest heard on Monday.

Thomas Millward, a first-year engineer, suffered an “unsurvivable” head injury after falling down several flight of steps at Girton College, Cambridge, on 6 March last year.

Mr Millward, 19, had been intoxicated on the legal-high “1P LSD” , which is a copycat version of the psychedelic drug LSD or “acid”.

He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital shortly after 9.30pm, where doctors declared him brain dead.

New psychoactive substances such as 1-Propionyl-lysergic acid diethylamide, nicknamed 1P LSD, have grown in popularity in recent years due to their price and availability on the dark web.

While it was outlawed in May 2016 along with thousands of new synthetic drugs under the Psychoactive Substances Act, dozens of outlets operating outside of the UK continue to sell it online.

Cambridge student Thomas Millward
Cambridge student Thomas Millward
Giving evidence at Huntingdon Law Courts yesterday, Mr Millward’s girlfriend Daniella Mieloszyk said the pair had been “overwhelmed” by the substance and had “naively” underestimated its effects.

The 21-year-old, a human, social and political sciences student at Cambridge, added:  "[We] didn't realise what it would be like and had expectations that it would be something that was a fun and positive experience which would be interesting to have. We knew it was kind of like of a legal equivalent to LSD.”

Ms Mieloszyk said the pair had taken two tabs of the then legal substance at 3pm that afternoon and had been attempting to fall asleep in Mr Millward’s bedroom.

She added that she had woken up and walked out to the landing to find him lying at the bottom of the stairwell, next to two vending machines.

"Everything just felt quite overwhelming. The next thing I remember was waking up... regaining a sense of awareness and in the room on my own," she said.

"As soon as I opened the door I saw another student called Hamish standing at the bottom of the stairs and then when I walked forward I saw that Tom was lying next to him.

"I thought it was like a dream and I just kept saying to him we thought it was a dream. I kept thinking to Tom would just walk down the stairs and be like 'oh here I am'."

The inquest also heard that Mr Millward, a keen rugby player, had suffered a concussion in a match three days before his death, and had experienced symptoms including “dizziness”.

A toxicology report found that Mr Millward had traces of the drug in his blood five hours after taking it.

Ms Mieloszyk claimed that she had been given the drugs by a friend who had purchased them online three weeks before his death.

Police officers called to the incident found the substance in a “metallic silvery bag” in a blue pouch under Mr Millward’s bed.

Detective Constable Alice Draper told the inquest that the it had been suggested “all along” that Mr Millward had taken LSD, adding that there was no suggestion of “anything sinister” in his death.

His father, Brian Millward, said: "We suspect.. only half an hour before the air ambulance (arrived) that he went to the top floor and removed his clothes on the F Block.

"Then ran back through the other corridor below back to his room and that's when he fell."

The inquest will resume on Tuesday.