ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (764/1232) > >>

Deozaan:
I made this:
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Deozaan (November 18, 2014, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Very droll, thanks. The only comment I could suggest is the quote:
"You didn't make that!"
 ;)
-IainB (November 18, 2014, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

(Note that even though I quoted you, IanB, this isn't necessarily meant as a direct reply to you. The quote was just to give context to what I'm blabbering on about.)

It's a satire on the mindset of people who--especially with the anonymity of the internet--claim someone else's work as their own. There's a difference between saying "Isn't this cool?" and not attributing the proper source, and saying "Look at this cool thing I made." Claiming other people's work as your own is just inexplicable. :huh:

And full disclosure just in case it wasn't clear: I didn't actually make that image. I was just playing along with the joke. ;)

Edvard:
I've been in that situation.  I used to draw cartoon hot rods and super heroes and etc. during my junior high/early high school years (fairly typical) and I can name (first and last!) two kids who took my drawings and passed them off as their own.  I know now that it was just a stupid kid thing to do (making it more pathetic when adults do it), but there's a weird sense of betrayal that goes with it that you can't quite describe.  
To save face and reclaim my stolen notoriety, I went around drawing stuff for people *on the spot* to prove I was the original artist.  :(

Renegade:
I made this:
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Deozaan (November 18, 2014, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Very droll, thanks. The only comment I could suggest is the quote:
"You didn't make that!"
 ;)
-IainB (November 18, 2014, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

(Note that even though I quoted you, IanB, this isn't necessarily meant as a direct reply to you. The quote was just to give context to what I'm blabbering on about.)

It's a satire on the mindset of people who--especially with the anonymity of the internet--claim someone else's work as their own. There's a difference between saying "Isn't this cool?" and not attributing the proper source, and saying "Look at this cool thing I made." Claiming other people's work as your own is just inexplicable. :huh:

And full disclosure just in case it wasn't clear: I didn't actually make that image. I was just playing along with the joke. ;)
-Deozaan (November 19, 2014, 01:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think @IainB made a subtle reference there that you missed. Probably best to PM for what it is. ;) But it was simply hilarious!

Renegade:
@40hz - This one's for you! ;D

bit:
I wondered what that thing was called...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version