ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (667/1232) > >>

barney:
^ :PWhich national deficit?  Name a nation (or several). :P

IainB:
Hamish the house-builder.

This little gem came with the comment that some people might say that it should actually be about someone named "Murray", and that the scene should be set in New Zealand.  You can make your own observations about that, but I couldn't possibly comment, of course.

A couple on holiday in Scotland go to a local pub in a small village, and order some drinks.  As they sit there, they notice that a big man sitting near to their table is staring moodily into his drink and muttering to himself.  Eventually, he notices them, and turns to them. He points to a window and growls out, "D'ye no see that house doon the road there?"

The couple nod, they can see a house in the direction he's pointing.

"Aye.  Wheel, I built it meself!  Every board and nail.  Now d'ye think folk aroond here should call me Hamish the House-builder for that?"

They shrug and say, "Why, for building just one house?"

"Mebbe not for that then? Fair enough.  But suppose I tell ye I built half the houses aroond here, single-handedly!  Shouldn't they be a callin' me Hamish the House-builder for that?  Shouldn't they?"

They couple agree "Yeah, guess they should.  That would seem pretty likely, for building all those houses single-handedly.  That's pretty impressive!"

The man glares angrily into his beer and grumbles "Aye, that they should. But ye go an' f### just ONE sheep..."

Renegade:
Hamish the house-builder.
-IainB (August 04, 2014, 06:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahaha!  :Thmbsup:

I love those! When I was in high school my friends & I would chuck that kind of stuff at each other. It was good fun.

And all the best Newfie jokes came from Newfs.

Renegade:
No Mr. Bond. I expect you to wow!

Edvard:
NEVER interrupt a programmer:
from http://www.infoworld.com/d/data-center/no-interruptions-technologist-work-247487

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version