ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (519/1232) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Thats just wrong!

But so is this...
 (see attachment in previous post)-wraith808 (February 03, 2014, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

In response to #2585:

Is Alfred suicidal or is this just very dark humor?
If Alfred survives this, we know who is the power behind the throne there. Of course, Robin will have to go also and there will be a new crimefighter in Gotham City.

crabby3:
(Bleh - I had a nice post started, then a fluke browser crash nuked it! This version is slightly shorter.)
-TaoPhoenix (February 03, 2014, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Shorter?  Geez.  Sorry to waste your time... twice.

... First, to respond to the wording comment, I was trying to reply to your note earlier, and didn't predict this exact reply.
--- End quote ---
How could you know what sets people off?  Sadly... once my fuse is lit... there's no puting it out. :(

2. Notice it is a QuickMeme copy of the actual blog comedy entry.
--- End quote ---
Finally looked up Meme and it means what I thought it meant... though I had to read definition 1a more than once.   ;D

...DonationCoder is full of Smart People.
--- End quote ---
I agree.

I'm the resident idiot...
--- End quote ---
Disagree.

I agree that "27bslash6" is a pretty obscure name if you don't know it. Let's look at it.
http://www.27bslash6.com/overdue.html - the "Spider" joke
--- End quote ---
One persons obscure is another persons unique.  The original spider is much cuter.   :)

Whenever you see a joke, always nuke the long address and go back to the "top level".
--- End quote ---
Good advice... I'll try to remember this.

...let's look at one of your more disturbing notes.

"Thanks for bringing me back to the reality of DC.  Where some replies are genuine and others are not.  Readers choice.

With this in mind... how can anyone presume they're getting semi-accurate info about anything ... .

Including any *free software* that's offered.  No wonder it's free... you could end up more screwed than you were before.
But hey... it's free... sucker.

Jokers in this thread are going to be jerkers elsewhere.  Guess there's no such thing as Donation Refunds. "

Elsewhere you asked about a "Jerk Filter". DC is in my top-2 info sites. They handle "jerks" in different ways. Slashdot has a "mod" filter. People can "Mod Down" the worst of the trolls and "Mod Up" the better responses. There's some bias, and problems, but it sorta works. Here, Mouser moves the more contentious stuff to something called the "Basement".
--- End quote ---
As far as the reality of DC...
I PM'd a mod about my persumed clone issue, before I went to the top, but she didn't see how it could be avoided.

DC's Jerk Filter is very effective and quick when it's a spammer.

I like the Basement.

Next, look at ID's. DC is small enough where you can begin to notice who posts what. The same 50 people account for 75+% of the posts here. So it's not "JohnDoe137" with two posts - it's someone with ____ other posts that prove they're not throwaway accounts.
--- End quote ---
I check ID's. Sometimes bios and there's all types: Informative; grain-of-salt; highly-techno; friendly-techno; wordy; 1-liners; nothing ..

Now, let's talk about "Free Software". I for one am a bit upset about you/user feeling "suckered". A ton of Free Software is made because we're pissed at people/groups like Microsoft charging $100+ for a Spreadsheet program in MS Office. So minor details aside, the five-ish free/cheaper alternatives are pretty good.

Lots of smaller Free Software gets made just because "Computing is Hard" and you just shouldn't have to pay for *every single line of code* you need. One of the legendary events here is "New Apps for the New Year", where people present little project software for free. No strings. Just because they think someone will like it. Or look at the Coding Snacks. You need a dirt-simple tool, but you can't code - you post it as a snack. Someone bangs it out in 30 lines of code in a couple of days.
--- End quote ---
I agree, Tao, the word "sucker" was a bit harsh.  I don't really feel 'suckered'.  The acronym ending was enough and I don't want my donation back.

The concept of Free Software is great!  I know about NANY's.

Whew!

Does that help?

Yours,

--Tao
--- End quote ---
Ditto!

Hell yeah it helps.  It'll help me think twice before I quote you again.  ;D  Just kidding.   :P

Best-

c3

wraith808:
DC's Jerk Filter is very effective and quick when it's a spammer.
-crabby3 (February 04, 2014, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, that's because the members police a lot.  I'm on here a lot, and I report what I can't do anything about.  But I'm nowhere near a mod in general- and feel that my contributions in that case matter.  And there's a set and very cut and dried procedure in place.  As far as sock-puppeting, how do you prove it?

crabby3:
As far as sock-puppeting, how do you prove it?
-wraith808 (February 04, 2014, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I had/have PM's from my presumed-perp but *the top of the ladder* refused to access them.  Even with my permission to do so.

Re-telling what was said doesn't work because none of the questionable posts were included in the original PM's.  :-\

wraith808:
As far as sock-puppeting, how do you prove it?
-wraith808 (February 04, 2014, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I had/have PM's from my presumed-perp but *the top of the ladder* refused to access them.  Even with my permission to do so.

Re-telling what was said doesn't work because none of the questionable posts were included in the original PM's.  :-\
-crabby3 (February 04, 2014, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Even a PM isn't conclusive, and just from my perspective from different altercations that I've had here and elsewhere, IMO private messages should stay just that... private.  Unless it is very above the shade abusive, the PM system is in place for a reason, and to violate that without *both* parties' consent goes outside the lines of what is reasonable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version