ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (397/1232) > >>

Renegade:
True, and here's a direct link in case you want to vote without having to dig for where.
http://www.newsmax.com/surveys/NSASpy/Should-the-NSA-Spy-on-Americans-/id/78/kw/default
-Stoic Joker (August 03, 2013, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ooops. Sorry. Forgot that. Figured it might end up closed, and a screenshot would be needed, then farted around getting a scrolling screenshot and forgot the link.

IainB:
Just too good not to share. Also totally bad taste!
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Renegade (August 03, 2013, 08:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Eh? Why is the photo of some window-dressing in a shop "totally bad taste!"?
It just looks like a rather novel shop window display to me - or am I missing something?    :tellme:

All I get from the photo is that it is of the window-dressing in a shop:

* It seems to be a children's clothing shop.
* The sign says "Le Marais" (which is a Paris district).
* The balloons may be a reference to the French film about the boy and a magical balloon that "found" him - rather than the other way around - "The Red Balloon".
* The heart-shaped balloon is probably a reference to love and the "romance" of Paris.
* The children's/dolls' clothes are on hangers and are puppet-like  - rather than dummies - and are floating/drifting objects like the balloons.

Renegade:
Eh? Why is the photo of some window-dressing in a shop "totally bad taste!"?
It just looks like a rather novel shop window display to me - or am I missing something?    :tellme:

All I get from the photo is that it is of the window-dressing in a shop:

* It seems to be a children's clothing shop.
* The sign says "Le Marais" (which is a Paris district).
* The balloons may be a reference to the French film about the boy and a magical balloon that "found" him - rather than the other way around - "The Red Balloon".
* The heart-shaped balloon is probably a reference to love and the "romance" of Paris.
* The children's/dolls' clothes are on hangers and are puppet-like  - rather than dummies - and are floating/drifting objects like the balloons.-IainB (August 03, 2013, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

You'll laugh...They've hung decapitated children in effigy. The joke is about hanging kids, which is in pretty bad taste.

IainB:
^^ Really? No kidding? Was that the intention then - a gruesome joke? I mean, what would be the point of it? I'm all for black humour, but I still don't get it, sorry.

Renegade:
^^ Really? No kidding? Was that the intention then - a gruesome joke? I mean, what would be the point of it? I'm all for black humour, but I still don't get it, sorry.
-IainB (August 03, 2013, 09:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, they didn't do it intentionally. It's just an accident. But when you look at it... unintended consequences or something like that?

But, whatever - not all of us find the same things funny. I've stared blankly at people who thought a joke was funny and I didn't. They laughed hysterically. I saw no humour. It happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version