ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (347/1232) > >>

4wd:
It's a Magic Eyew (aka Autostereogramw):
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Deozaan (June 15, 2013, 05:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll have you know I lead a very productive one.......in my dreams  :P

app103:
--- End quote ---

I have never been able to see whatever it is that I am supposed to be able to see in that type of image. And that has always frustrated me.

4wd:
--- End quote ---

I have never been able to see whatever it is that I am supposed to be able to see in that type of image. And that has always frustrated me.
-app103 (June 15, 2013, 10:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I find it's just a matter of being able to de-focus your eyes, (which, I have to admit, gets easier the older I get  :-\ ), and then look beyond the flat surface.

Or sometimes going slowly cross-eyed, (bring your focal point closer), works well.

The message
My positioning is slightly inaccurate.

I do find the Random Dot versions a lot easier to view though.

app103:
So with this text based one you can point out what I am supposed to be seeing and then I can see it.

But for the normal ones, I have tried all the suggestions over the years that involved defocusing, looking at it cross-eyed, looking at it from certain angles, or from a certain distance, with my glasses off, etc. And even when you tell me what it is that I am supposed to be seeing, even when you take your finger and point it out to me, all I see is the noise.

TaoPhoenix:
So with this text based one you can point out what I am supposed to be seeing and then I can see it.

But for the normal ones, I have tried all the suggestions over the years that involved defocusing, looking at it cross-eyed, looking at it from certain angles, or from a certain distance, with my glasses off, etc. And even when you tell me what it is that I am supposed to be seeing, even when you take your finger and point it out to me, all I see is the noise.
-app103 (June 15, 2013, 11:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe a variant of the same kind of diagramming could work. Those things "work" (when they do!) because the un-focussing involves Dot A and Dot B (and lots of other dots - but I'm not yet sure if more than two "merge as a unit" at the same time) have to "merge together". So for example take a sharpie pen (or do it digitally etc) to one of those, and make a big black dot in two places and then say "fiddle with your eye focus until both of these dots are together".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version