ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (328/1232) > >>

4wd:
There's no better bushy-tailed tree rat than a dead bushy-tailed tree rat.-Tinman57 (May 17, 2013, 08:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes there is  ;)

SpoilerFrom a mid 20th century English cookbook:

SQUIRRELS

The flesh of squirrels is light red or pink in colour and when young it can be cooked in many ways.  Older squirrels are inclined to be tough and are best pan-broiled.
    The carcase should be skinned and paunched and then cooked whole or cut into halves or smaller joints as desired.  When roasted whole it should be trussed like a rabbit.

Fried Squirrel
    Cut the meat into joints and dip in seasoned flour.  Fry in butter or margarine till tender and well-browned.

Grilled Squirrel
    Sqirrels can be grilled whole.  Split the carcase down from the neck to the tail and flatten on a meat block with a small mallet or rolling-pin.  Season with salt and pepper and brush with melted fat or olive oil.  Place under the hot grill, seal on both sides, and then cook again on both sides till well browned and tender.

Roast Squirrel
    Wash and dress the squirrel, washing in plenty of water.  Brush with melted fat or oil and squeeze on a little lemon juice.  Leave to macerate for about an hour.  Then stuff with a chicken stuffing, to which a few mushrooms and a chopping of chives can be added if desired.  Sew and truss the carcase.
    Roast in a baking tin with a little fat and a rasher or two of bacon placed on the back.  Cook in a slow oven, frequently basting it well.  It should take about 1 to 1.5 hours to cook.
    Serve with thick gravy made with a little Port or Sherry to enrich it.

Stewed Squirrel
    Joint the squirrel and simmer in salted water till the meat is tender.  Remove the flesh from the bones, then crack these and cook them a little longer in the liquid.  Meanwhile, cut the meat into neat pieces and dust with flour.
    Saute some diced celery, carrots and onions in butter and add them to the broth with some rice.  When cooked, add the meat and reheat for about 5 minutes.

Squirrel Pie
    Cook the meat in a little water till it is tender and remove the bones.  Add sliced mushrooms and parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice, thicken the liquid with flour and season carefully.  Cook for 15 minutes.
    Place in a pie-dish, leave to cool and cover with short crust pastry.  Bake till brown, and serve hot.

Edvard:
Hey, it's not just mid-20th:

Seattle Times article: Dinner gets very local for squirrel-eating Seattleite
Best quote?  "It did not taste like chicken."  ;D

And she's also on Youtube:

My wife said if the economy did not get better, she was going to buy a 22 caliber pellet gun and supplement our shopping with a little tree rat protein.  :P

PhilB66:
25 Terrifyingly Amazing Face Swaps

Tinman57:
There's no better bushy-tailed tree rat than a dead bushy-tailed tree rat.-Tinman57 (May 17, 2013, 08:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes there is  ;) -4wd (May 18, 2013, 09:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, let me tell you, I had so many squirrels in the freezer that I got burned out on eating them.  I started giving them away to the neighbor to munch on but stopped that practice when he expected me to clean them before I brought them to him.  You know, that "Looking a gift horse in the mouth" thing.
  Sooooo, I started feeding them to my wolves, which enjoyed them very much.  But now that my wolves have died from old age, I now give them to my outside dog.  She never got to munch on squirrel before because the wolves always got them first.  lol

Tinman57:
Back to silly humor:

http://gizmodo.com/warning-dont-drink-and-internet-508240224
Warning: Don't Drink and Internet

I don't think so. 'Nuff Said : ) -TaoPhoenix (May 18, 2013, 12:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

If Renny was around he's be having a conniption fit about now.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version