ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (260/1232) > >>

Edvard:
Yes, his humor was disquieting because it was so self-deprecating, but that was his whole schtick; summed up in his famous tagline "I don't get no respect".  It's funny because we all have some degree of insecurity, and in some smaller or larger way can then sympathize; thus it becomes cathartic to laugh at those small insecurities brought larger than reality via the guise of absurd theater.

... or something like that.   :-[

Tinman57:
Yes, his humor was disquieting because it was so self-deprecating, but that was his whole schtick; summed up in his famous tagline "I don't get no respect".  It's funny because we all have some degree of insecurity, and in some smaller or larger way can then sympathize; thus it becomes cathartic to laugh at those small insecurities brought larger than reality via the guise of absurd theater.

... or something like that.   :-[ -Edvard (February 24, 2013, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's pretty much it, that was "his thang".  He was also jewish and made quite a few jewish jokes in his career.  Growing up, Rodney was one of my favorite comedians, never missed a comedy special he starred in.  In Caddyshack, he was hilarious while playing the same self-depreciating part, he was a genius at it.  He was a truly great comedian and actor and will be sorely missed by many.  Rest in peace Rodney.

app103:
Yes, his humor was disquieting because it was so self-deprecating, but that was his whole schtick; summed up in his famous tagline "I don't get no respect".  It's funny because we all have some degree of insecurity, and in some smaller or larger way can then sympathize; thus it becomes cathartic to laugh at those small insecurities brought larger than reality via the guise of absurd theater.

... or something like that.   :-[
-Edvard (February 24, 2013, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Can't forget his adventure in rap music...

tomos:
Yes, his humor was disquieting because it was so self-deprecating, but that was his whole schtick; summed up in his famous tagline "I don't get no respect".  It's funny because we all have some degree of insecurity, and in some smaller or larger way can then sympathize; thus it becomes cathartic to laugh at those small insecurities brought larger than reality via the guise of absurd theater.

... or something like that.   :-[
-Edvard (February 24, 2013, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Can't forget his adventure in rap music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLGxWPtgodo
-app103 (February 25, 2013, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

"I got a kidney shaped pool with a stone in it"  lol ;D

Tinman57:
Can't forget his adventure in rap music... -app103 (February 25, 2013, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow, I had forgot all about that!  I must have seen it 50 times. lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version