ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (232/1232) > >>

KynloStephen66515:

Renegade:

:Thmbsup:

Renegade:
Again, one of those things that you just don't know where to post, but it's so darn funny...

Where is the world is it legal to drink & drive? If you said Ireland, you'd be right!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/drunk-driving-permits-ireland_n_2527800.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

The Kerry County Council in southwest Ireland has passed a controversial measure that could make it legal for some rural drivers to get behind the wheel after knocking back a few stiff drinks.

While only three council members voted "no" on the proposed legislation, five apparently support the creation of special permits for driving in sparsely populated areas while intoxicated, according to the Guardian.

Nationwide, Ireland has been cracking down on drunken driving, according to Irish news outlet Independent.ie, which reports that drivers are now allowed only 50mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood, "equivalent to drinking less than one pint of beer." But permits proposed in the Kerry measure would allow rural residents to consume "two or three drinks," per the Guardian.

Councillor Danny Healy-Rae , who spearheaded the motion, claimed that citizens drinking and driving in rural areas had "never killed anyone" and argued that the permits would actually help prevent "a lot of them falling into depression," reports Irish news site TheJournal.ie.
--- End quote ---

tomos:
what's this, Irish hour :tellme: :D

@ Ren,
he'd like it to be legitimate - he owns a pub in the countryside ;-)

(probably slowly going bankrupt...)

Renegade:
Hello.

My name is Inigo Montoya.

You killed my father.

Prepare to die.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/23/qantas-passenger-montoya-shirt_n_2535672.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news&ir=Weird%20News

Qantas Passenger's Inigo Montoya 'Princess Bride' Shirt Frightens Travelers

Qantas passenger Wynand Mullins caused quite a stir on a Sunday evening flight from Australia to New Zealand when he wore an Inigo Montoya T-shirt from the 1980s cult film "The Princess Bride," according to New Zealand's Stuff magazine.

The popular name-tag shirt, which reads "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die," became a cause for alarm after several upset passengers expressed their unease with the T-shirt's message.
--- End quote ---

BWAHAHAHAHA~! ;D

Does anything really get any funnier than real life?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version