ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (65/1232) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Okay, since the humor thread came back, I'll resurrect an old question and try my hand at an answer.

BTW - What is it with Hindi pop that makes it so damn catchy? 
-Edvard (July 18, 2011, 08:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here is your reference link to a typical Indian meme song. Tunak Tunak Tun. (Not a joke link.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bAN7Ts0xBo

Here we go:

Have you noticed, are you asking why, Indian songs are, stuck in your head, Todayyyyyyyyyy?
I may know why, I can try to say, it's in several things, about the soooooooooong.

Words per minute, more than twenty in 5 seconds, all American songs average about niiiiiiiiine.
Quad-repeated phrases, Grouped in pairs, Merged into Triples, Bound with String!

IainB:
@TaoPhoenix: So that's the reason!
All aspects of good poetry, I guess.

IainB:
Speaking of good poetry, good graffiti is arguably just a form of poetry.
For example:
Spotted years ago, scrawled on a wall in the Euston Underground:
    Hanratty was
    innassent (crossed out)
    inorssent (crossed out)
    anascent (crossed out)
    guilty.

--- End quote ---

IainB:
A friend sent me this today:
10 years ago Bob Hope died. 5 years ago Johnny Cash died. A couple of months ago Steve Jobs died. A few weeks ago Jimmy Saville died. Now we have no Hope, no Cash, no Jobs and nobody left to Fix It

Let's hope nothing happens to Ed Balls!

--- End quote ---

(It makes sense in the context of British humour.)

tomos:
^ this might help -

Jimmy Savile had a show called Jim'll Fix It where he "fixed" things for people (not sure if that term used in American English - so translation from the wiki page: "Sir James will bring his influence to bear in arranging matters to your satisfaction.")

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version