ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (136/1232) > >>

jgpaiva:
4. Is already part of the Apple philosophy ;)
-rgdot (September 10, 2012, 08:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not really, they are just incapable of making (buying?) decent CD burners and decided to say "it's the future" not tu use them :P
Just yesterday, my MacBook destroyed me 4 CDs (while attempting to burn linux, actually. maybe it's selective?)

40hz:
4. Is already part of the Apple philosophy ;)
-rgdot (September 10, 2012, 08:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not really, they are just incapable of making (buying?) decent CD burners and decided to say "it's the future" not tu use them :P
Just yesterday, my MacBook destroyed me 4 CDs (while attempting to burn linux, actually. maybe it's selective?)
-jgpaiva (September 10, 2012, 10:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm thinking it's more that Apple is opposed to physical media in any way shape or form since "hardcopy" flies in the face of the app store and iTunes business model, which is only release via download. They've even extended that to OS X upgrades starting with Lion.

Why? Because you can't completely control CDs or DVDs. They can be passed around. Sold. Loaned out to friends. Duplicated!!! (And the raw media is cheap too.)

So physical media is not a good thing when you're as fanatic a control freak as Apple is. And one way to get rid of CDs or DVDs is to eliminate the devices that can read and write them.
 8)

Renegade:
Unintentionally hilarious moments in the world of Linux.

Note: This one has GOT to be a complete put-on. At least I hope it is.
-40hz (September 10, 2012, 06:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hello Angela,

Please never have children.

Thank you,

The sane portion of the computing world.
--- End quote ---

:P

But seriously -- I want a tablet computer that has all the power of my desktop that I can plug into an ARRAY of monitors and other peripherals. I want my computer to be portable. Right now, it isn't. And it sounds like a bloody helicopter! :P

40hz:
But seriously -- I want a tablet computer that has all the power of my desktop that I can plug into an ARRAY of monitors and other peripherals. I want my computer to be portable.
-Renegade (September 10, 2012, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't. I want to be like the Krell. I wish to be liberated from all instrumentalities. (I want to be a god!) Bwaa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!

IainB:
Spotted on the Readers' Digest website:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version