ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (1128/1232) > >>

Deozaan:
Same here with various projects going ring and run is the norm.
-Stoic Joker (November 19, 2018, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wish they'd ring before they ran. I don't care if they stick around for me to open the door. It just would be nice to know something was dropped off.

Shades:
@Deozaan:
You could buy a cheap IP camera and let it mail you when motion has been detected. There are usually a few (interval) screenshots included with the message. You could then make a specific alert in your mail client whenever that camera sends you a message. If you already have an somewhat automated home, you might even be able to create audio/visual alerts this way.

Problem solved.  ;)

4wd:
@Deozaan:
You could buy a cheap IP camera and let it mail you when motion has been detected.-Shades (November 19, 2018, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oddly enough I've just done this with a RasPi 2B running Kerberos, works really well.

app103:
I wonder if it's a new(ish) policy to just drop off the package and leave.
-Deozaan (November 17, 2018, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I get notifications on my phone from UPS, USPS, and Amazon, whenever a package is delivered. Amazon even sends me a photo of the package sitting in my hallway.

wraith808:
I wonder if it's a new(ish) policy to just drop off the package and leave.
-Deozaan (November 17, 2018, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I get notifications on my phone from UPS, USPS, and Amazon, whenever a package is delivered. Amazon even sends me a photo of the package sitting in my hallway.
-app103 (November 21, 2018, 10:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

How did you get that set up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version