ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (1001/1232) > >>

Stoic Joker:
^^Having had the opportunity - notice I didn't say pleasure... - to work with some of the older Positive Ground British (motorcycle) electrical systems years ago. I am quite familiar with why the term 'Lucas: Master of Darkness' was coined.

So I can well appreciate the humor on this one. :Thmbsup: :D

IainB:
@4wd: Wow! Thanks for the link.
That's a very interesting discussion there on the British Columbia Triumph Registry (Canada) website: NOS Lucas Replacement Wiring Harness Smoke Kit
- it of course includes references to the old TRs (Triumph Roadsters), which brought back some memories. As a long-time petrol-head I used to have a TR4 (2138cc) with a Surrey Top (was quite rare), with twin 1½" SU carbs that were always going off-tune - so I replaced them with 2 x twin-choke 45DCOE Webers instead. My local petrol station loved me!

But Lucas eh? I used to work as a systems analyst on the Works Engineering and Maintenance Planning System (ran on an IBM 360 at their datacentre) at the Lucas-CAV factory in Finchley (N.London, UK). I was a regular customer of the staff counter in the warehouse, where one could buy Lucas automobile electrical equipment at 50% discount (sometimes greater).
That's where I bought one of the superb Lucas 8-track tape stereo players (with under-seat speakers) for my car. I remember they also had these NOS Lucas Replacement Wiring Harness Smoke Kits on the shelves, but not for sale to staff, and I would sometimes see them being taken off the shelf by the older Electrical Engineers (never the apprentices). I always used to wonder what that was about.

Arizona Hot:

Facebook’s hidden basketball game is dangerously addictive — here’s how to play Fox17

Arizona Hot:

A centaur in disguise

wraith808:
I... don't have words.

https://imgur.com/gallery/lwGmSbK

https://i.imgur.com/lwGmSbK.gifv <- direct link, but the comments are hilarious!

SFW, but not safe for sanity.  Couldn't find an easy way to embed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version