ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (546/1232) > >>

IainB:
@crabby3: being a bit of a petrolhead, I was curious about that engine and whether it really was a diesel. In the bit of it that you could see in that half-picture, it looked rather nice. After a quick DuckGo search I established that it was a photo of a Paccar MX-13 series 6-cyl inline diesel: (looks like a beautiful piece of engineering)

I also found I was connected with Paccar (in a manner of speaking), after reading in this potted history of the DAF brand that Paccar - a huge American multinational - had acquired DAF and some other UK/European truck companies, including Foden in Sandbach, Cheshire (UK). The connection is that, coincidentally, I once shared a flat in Sandbach with a bloke who, in his spare time, acted in the role of Captain in the Territorial Army (part of the UK Army Reserve) in truck engineering and maintenance, and in his day-job worked at the Foden truck factory in Sandbach.

IainB:
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
--- End quote ---
-crabby3 (March 18, 2014, 10:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
That one made me literally laugh out loud! I love it. (c:
-Deozaan (March 19, 2014, 07:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, thanks @crabby3 for that list of great puns. Some new material (for me) there.

IainB:
"Over the years, I have managed to keep body and spirit together, but am finding the spirit increasingly expensive..."

crabby3:
being a bit of a petrolhead, I was curious about that engine and whether it really was a diesel. In the bit of it that you could see in that half-picture, it looked rather nice.
-IainB (March 20, 2014, 04:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I started with a picture of a truck but it didn't look right.  Scale was off.  Big car windshield... tiny truck cab.  Then I found this.
This is your pic only much smaller.  :)

I'm not a gearhead (US version) but I grew up in a family that fixed what broke.
Back then it was mostly metal stuff held together with screws, nuts and bolts.  Instead of todays plastic, rivets and Ultrasonic Welding.
Though one exception comes to mind regarding the old nuts 'n bolts vs. todays rivets.  The factory installed ball-joints on a '63 Corvette are riveted on.
40 mins. turned into 4 hrs.   >:(  ;D

crabby3:
" ... but am finding the spirit increasingly expensive..."
-IainB (March 20, 2014, 04:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Did you mean ...spirit increasingly expensive... as in booze?  Or maybe ...spirit increasingly expensive... as in collection plate.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version