ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (528/1232) > >>

app103:
A headline you never thought you'd ever see...

http://www.uproxx.com/up/2014/02/flower-pot-chainsaw-moon-gas-station-robbery/

Stoic Joker:
As a rationalist, a keen environmentalist and a despiser of corporate cant, greed and corporates' hugely destructive environmental footprints despoiling the land/environment, I just love it when the troughers score a hilarious and ironic own goal.
I have already posted about 2 priceless ones in this thread:

* 1. The Hinkley Point C elephant in the room (H-U-G-E environmental footprints) - the massive "green energy alternatives" environmental footprints that they don't want you to see:
It really is a very, very big elephant and, once seen, you cannot "unsee" it. Priceless.
--- End quote ---

* 2. Google Las Vegas Bird Fries now open for business. Yummy! - another massive environmental footprint, and apparently the first of several yet to come.

Today I read of a rather good new one - it's on WSJ behind a paywall, but it was referred to in Forbes - here.

The WSJ article linked to by Forbes apparently puts it rather succinctly (and, I suspect, tongue-in-cheek) thus:
(Copied below sans embedded hyperlinks/images.)
Exxon CEO Joins Suit Citing Fracking Concerns
Residents of Dallas Suburb Fight Construction of Tower That Would Provide Water for Drilling
By Daniel Gilbert
Feb. 20, 2014 5:45 p.m. ET

BARTONVILLE, Texas—One evening last November, a tall, white-haired man turned up at a Town Council meeting to protest construction of a water tower near his home in this wealthy community outside Dallas.

The man was Rex Tillerson, chairman and chief executive of Exxon Mobil Corp.

He and his neighbors had filed suit to block the tower, saying it is illegal and would create “a noise nuisance and traffic hazards,” in part because it would provide water for use in hydraulic fracturing. Fracking, which requires heavy trucks to haul and pump massive amounts of water, unlocks oil and gas from dense rock and has helped touch off a surge in U.S. energy output.

It also is a core part of Exxon’s business.

--- End quote ---

Assuming that this is true, then I reckon this chap Rex Tillerson should be given an award of some kind. It really is rather ironic/funny. Another LOL moment for me, at any rate. Priceless.
-IainB (February 23, 2014, 08:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like the classic elitist 'not in my back yard' reaction to me.

app103:
What it's like to click a link in the DC IRC channel, when MouserBot goes nuts:

IainB:
Very droll.
If you are unfamiliar with the UK, you might not get the joke, right off.

Ever Seen These Two in the Same Room?

Rolf Harris

Ukranian ambassador

We should be told…

Target:
the really funny part is that you got them back to front ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version