ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (414/1232) > >>

Renegade:
NSFW - CAUTION - NSFW - Disgusting, but funny in a sick way
http://www.myzimbabwe.co.zw/news/1958-chicken-dies-after-being-gang-raped-by-three-men.html

Chicken dies after being gang-raped by three men

Chicken dies after being gang-raped by three menThree men in Kapiri Mposhi district in Zambia are alleged to have raped a chicken until it died in a case of suspected witchcraft. The three named men, aged 80, 66 and 35 years, are believed to have taken turns in having canal knowledge of a hen which later died yesterday.

...snip...

"It is not the first time that such cases have occurred. We have several of them and it is just that we do not know why these cases are so high," headwoman Chimbuleni added. zambia watchdog

--- End quote ---

AND IT'S COMMON!  :o

app103:
This should help out:

http://copyheart.org/manifesto/

It outlines the idea.
-Renegade (August 23, 2013, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

It might outline the idea, but reality and the law doesn't quite work like that.

http://c4sif.org/2012/02/are-creative-commons-licenses-even-enforceable/

Nothing takes the place of a document spelling out your rights under whatever license the creator decides to grant you, hand signed by the copyright holder. That document is proof of permission. Anything else, no matter how fluffy and feel good it is, is not a suitable legally binding substitute.*

*says the woman who releases a lot of art under a CC-BY license, so let's not get into a debate where anyone accuses me of being some sort of copyright enforcement nut.I know the reality of what I am doing, but there really isn't an alternative. I have also threatened to rise from my grave and haunt future generations of my heirs, should any of them decide to go against my wishes and sue the users of my work for copyright infringement.And yes, I know the folly of that threat being about as enforceable as my CC-BY license is.

Renegade:
It might outline the idea, but reality and the law doesn't quite work like that.

http://c4sif.org/2012/02/are-creative-commons-licenses-even-enforceable/

Nothing takes the place of a document spelling out your rights under whatever license the creator decides to grant you, hand signed by the copyright holder. That document is proof of permission. Anything else, no matter how fluffy and feel good it is, is not a suitable legally binding substitute.*
-app103 (August 23, 2013, 09:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, yes and no.

As the owner, you're able to do whatever you want with it. If you declare your license to be what she's described, then that's it. e.g. If you release something into the public domain, well, there it is. Done.

The reality is that this is a bit of contract law that has never been tested in any court. So, how the courts would deem to screw people over is as of yet unknown.

Here's a license that I'll just pull out of my ass:

THE RENEGADE ETERNAL ALDEBARAN LICENSE (A.K.A. The REAL license)

You are hereby granted an unlimited, perpetual and non-revocable right to do whatever you darn well feel like with the materials pursuant to the following conditions:

a) You may not seek legal recourse for any of your use or non-use of the materials.
b) You agree that no court may make any ruling on your use or non-use of the materials.
c) In the event of any loophole in the above conditions, you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Aldebaran system in the Taurus constellation.

It's a simple agreement that falls under contract law, but isn't enforceable by any of our corrupt courts. (Yeah, there are holes in it... it should be a viral license, but whatever - close enough. The point is that it hasn't been tested in court.)

TaoPhoenix:
Actually Renny, it doesn't fall under contract law.

Since the elements of a contract are
Offer - Acceptance - Consideration - Capacity - Legality, you get stuck because you can't sign a contract that says "no court may make a ruling on this".

Renegade:
Actually Renny, it doesn't fall under contract law.
-TaoPhoenix (August 24, 2013, 12:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

No?

Since the elements of a contract are
Offer - Acceptance - Consideration - Capacity - Legality, you get stuck because you can't sign a contract that says "no court may make a ruling on this".
-TaoPhoenix (August 24, 2013, 12:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, IANAL, but I see no reason why you and I can't make an agreement and for both of us to explicitly deny the courts any jurisdiction. We *can* do that. Now, how much any court would respect that, I don't know. They tend to like meddling in people's business. :P But the point above was that the Copyheart license hasn't been tested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version