topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 7:54 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Outlook conversations get broken...  (Read 3062 times)

cettolox

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Outlook conversations get broken...
« on: February 09, 2009, 05:17 AM »
Hi,

I'd like to share with you my experience with Outlook (2003) threads/conversation. Some time ago I started to work on my business email like this:

• i have a search folder called "Inbox & Sent", in whch I can see my inbox and sent items
  • this is my default/initial folder, the first that I see opening outlook
  • the email are orgainzed and grouped by "conversation" and sorted by date (desc)
  • in this way I get, on top, current "open" conversations (the most recent ones) with mail sent and received on a specific subject
  • when the subect in "closed" (no more actions to carry out), I move the whole conversation to the appropriate outlook folder.

The only glitch in this organization is that, often, non-outlook-client (like lotus notes) answers BRAKE the conversation, since the prepone a non-standard keywork (like "Ref: ") to the subject of replies. There are also some localized versions of the prefixes (in italian often "Re: " becomes "Ris: "...): this brakes the conversations as well.

So since a week ago I am strongly trying to find the way to "merge conversations", ie to force a message to belong to a specific conversation.

Before going on, I'd like to know if this matter is of some interest here, or it's only a problem of mine...

/Stefano