ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What are you getting for your Special Other for Valentines Day?

<< < (2/7) > >>

iphigenie:
We don't celebrate it either - I never liked "artificial" holidays like valentine's or mother's day (i.e. dont do something people get upset, but do something and it is taken as "normal" and not really appreciated. That is the one thing I can blame my mom for, since she was like that for mother's day) .

kwacky1:
Dinner at this restaurant, the in-laws are baby sitting!

f0dder:
I think my computer currently has all the stuff I need (within the affordable range - otherwise I would've gone for an ioDrive) so this year, nothing :)

Being serious, I think Valentines Day is a crock of crap, only made to make people spend cash and making single people miserable. I hate that Denmark has pretty much adopted it by now :(

mouser:
FreeDownloadADay.com has a roundup of some free Valentine's Day "Printables":

http://www.freedownloadaday.com/2009/02/09/bonus-free-valentines-day-printables/

40hz:
making single people miserable
-f0dder (February 09, 2009, 08:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, it's not like single people have no choice in the matter. They can always take the time to go out an fall in love if that's what they want.

Like the I Ching says: It is favorable to have a goal in view. Persistence furthers. No blame.

My girlfriend and I do Valentine's all year long. Why restrict the feeling to one day a year?
(To all the cynics out there: Please feel free to sneer. We don't mind. "Enjoy your day. Enjoy your life." :P)

---

PS: We usually blow off a couple of days from work and go to the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in NYC to check out all the breeds we'd love to own, but never will. That's what we tell people we're 'officially' doing for Valentine's Day. None of our friends or family seem to have a problem with that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version