ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Remember removed programs

<< < (3/3)

skwire:
Maybe use some macro to run it and click View=>Html Report All Items.
-MilesAhead (August 15, 2009, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
No need for a macro since the app itself has commandline support to do exactly what you're suggesting:

Command-line options

* /stext <Filename>    Save the list of all installed applications into a regular text file.
* /stab <Filename>    Save the list of all installed applications into a tab-delimited text file.
* /stabular <Filename>    Save the list of all installed applications into a tabular text file.
* /shtml <Filename>    Save the list of all installed applications into HTML file.
* /sxml <Filename>    Save the list of all installed applications to XML file.

Curt:
I would of course like the program to also tell when a program was removed.
So far I have written NirSofer and suggested the hole "IDEA:" as a new utility.

MilesAhead:
On this vbscript site, the entry List Installed Programs shows how to get the list.  But the automatic monitoring implied seems problematic.  It may be simpler to keep a log using something like TreePad where you can add a program and its description when you install it, then make a note that it's no longer installed when you uninstall it.  Otherwise you'd either have to chain into everything that can install and uninstall programs, or run the MyUninstall as skwire noted and then run some kind of diff comparison.

Seems like it could all be done with note taking to me.

edit: btw I do agree that since MyUninstall has all the functionality, if you could get the author to add a feature to permanently log uninstalls with the program name and description, that seems like the best solution.

flyfox2100:
my system often reinstall,so this sort of software is  no use for me  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version