ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Remember removed programs

<< < (2/3) > >>

Curt:
Thanks for the ideas.

I think the application I want should be placed in Start. At every start it must scan the computer  and write the names on all applications found. It should not be able to delete, only to write & overwrite, to a single text file. That should be all.
 :tellme:

MilesAhead:
Curt, this isn't exactly what you asked for but you encouraged me to update and streamline CommentConfig.  The result is TipOff

It still has the Property Comment Tab to edit comments for any file, but now a data file is made in the same folder to reduce the memory footprint.  Plus it includes a little converter program to output a simple TreePad .hjt file that can be imported and edited with TreePad Lite. Tooltips display the comment for supported archive file types.

With this scheme it's much easier to transport folders with comments to external drives and onto different machines. Plus TreePad seems to have a good following so I doubt it will go away anytime soon. :)

Edit: To remove the need to run the converter from the command line I added a button to the Comment Property Page.  I think I might even use this thing myself now!! :)

Darwin:
Total Uninstall[/url] keeps a list of programs that it's both installed and uninstalled.  Not free, but a good product.
-rjbull (February 08, 2009, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ashampoo Uninstaller does this as well, as long as you don't delete to log files it creates when you install a program.

Curt:
this thread may be moved to "unanswered requests"... or...

I think the application I want should be placed in Start. At every start it must scan the computer  and write the names on all applications found. It should not be able to delete, only to write & overwrite, to a single text file. That should be all.
 -Curt (February 09, 2009, 08:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
- this was of course not the right procedure.

But I still would like an app to remember former installed programs.
Ashampoo and Total Uninstall are both miles over the target.

MilesAhead:
Sounds like MyUninstall is closest to what you want.  Maybe use some macro to run it and click View=>Html Report All Items.  One of those mouse click or keystroke recorders should do it.  You could have it overwrite the same filename for the export list.

That would seem like the easiest way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version