ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I'm BACK!! (was: Greetings from the Atlantic!)

(1/4) > >>

4wd:
Hello fellow DCers!

Your worst nightmare just happened......I have returned!

To be honest, I would have returned sooner but our highly efficient national telecommunications giant, (Telstra), took it upon themselves to cancel my landline 3 days after leaving Oz because their computer screwed up.  Which meant that my ADSL went inactive and just to add insult to injury my ISP decided to sell off their Home ADSL to another company, so it has taken me a week dealing with a new company to get it working again.  Sh!t always happens when you aren't around to fix it.......damn that Murphy!

Anyhow, I can sum up the cruise in just one word: Too Much FOOD!

It seems like they could feed a small third world country with the amount of food on this ship.

Anyway, the furthest south reached was 65deg 12.5' S, 77.8 miles from the Antarctic Circle.

Pictures are scaled to 50% or less, (largest panorama was >60000 pixels wide).

Iguazu Falls - From the Brazil side, (some of, I don't have a lens 100 meters wide to capture it all in one shot)
I'm BACK!!  (was: Greetings from the Atlantic!)
Lake Titikaka - From Taquile Island (540 steps to the dock)
Machu Picchu - From the Inca Trail
Cuzco's Plaza del Armas - From our balcony at the hostel
Osorno volcano at Puerto Montt, Chile.
Antarctic from a comfortable cruise ship, (when not outside in -40C wind chill taking photos).

The calcified falls in Pamukkale, Turkey.
The cave houses of Goreme, Turkey.
The Cistern, (underground water storage), in Istanbul.

Haven't had any time to check anything new here on the forums.

For your enjoyment I'll attach a sort of travel diary that is actually a conglomeration of emails I sent home.  If you think of it as a comic strip you won't go far wrong ;)

Cheers,
4wd (back home in need of a holiday)

tomos:

ooh, I wouldnt mind a bit of Chile now (very grey here these days..)

nosh:
Fabulous pix!  :Thmbsup:

Shades:
If the weather in Chile is the same as here (Paraguay) than you are out of luck. It is not sunny, but humid. The rain season here has started. That means regular power failures (at the strangest times) because of the amount of water in the air.

At the back of the house where I live is a small canal/river/waterway where normally the water depth doesn't rise above 10 cm's. However, when it starts raining here the water level rises to 1,5 meters in only a few hours. I personally witnessed cars just floating by (and those were not the smallest either, for example: Toyota landcruiser).

zridling:
Wow, thanks for taking us along, 40hz!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version