ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

IDEA: Double-click makes a new folder

<< < (5/7) > >>

lanux128:
I'd love this app, but I run AVG and it won't let me open it, I can't even add an exception. I know it is a false positive, but I can't override :(
-abent professor (September 14, 2009, 08:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

what version of AVG are you using? i think newer versions don't have this problem..

skwire:
what version of AVG are you using? i think newer versions don't have this problem..
-lanux128 (September 15, 2009, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

A lot of the issue is that this is a recurring problem.  A/V companies will go months without false positives and then, all of a sudden, bam, we get a rash of them.  Unless requested, I don't compile any of my AHK apps with UPX.  I don't care about the file size.

lanux128:
A lot of the issue is that this is a recurring problem.  A/V companies will go months without false positives and then, all of a sudden, bam, we get a rash of them.  Unless requested, I don't compile any of my AHK apps with UPX.  I don't care about the file size.-skwire (September 15, 2009, 12:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, that's the problem. one update is enough to trigger a whole raft of false alerts. btw, even non-UPX'ed apps will trigger an alarm - only a different kind than a UPX'ed exe. it all depends on the function of the scripts, i guess.

here are some related threads.
• More false virus warnings in compiled ahk utilities #*(%&*(#*(&#(%
• It's time to do something about these AutoHotkey antivirus false positives

Conquer:
sorry I used the no-decompile switch when i compiled it.

but I heard theres a way to get the source code back even without the password.

lanux128:
sorry I used the no-decompile switch when i compiled it.

but I heard theres a way to get the source code back even without the password.-Conquer (September 15, 2009, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

maybe it's time a new updated version is written from scratch, with additional features such as Vista support & so on. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version