ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Game Review: Defense Grid: The Awakening

<< < (2/9) > >>

Paul Keith:
Cool! Could you share more details about the plot? The premise sounds like a more defensive variation on Immortal Defense's plot and that one had a great storyline.

Deozaan:
Cool! Could you share more details about the plot? The premise sounds like a more defensive variation on Immortal Defense's plot and that one had a great storyline.
-Paul Keith (February 05, 2009, 02:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not really sure what else to say about the plot. The Defense Grid AI says a line or two about his life/experience during the course of battle, usually at the beginning while you're preparing for the first wave to show up. Also before you start each level there's a short sentence describing the situation. For instance, the description of a level might just be something like "The aliens break their assault and head for your home town."

Over the past couple of levels the AI has been talking about his family--his son specifically--but there's not a whole lot of direct story telling. Don't get me wrong. It has a plot, and it's a decent plot, but it doesn't seem to be the main focus of the game.

Paul Keith:
Oh it's rarely about the story with these games, I was just hoping there were twists to the plot like in Immortal Defense.

If you find any new twists could you please hint it? Not in a spoiler kind of way, just point out how many twists there are in the plot.

When that one reviewer said Immortal Defense had two major plot twists, that sealed the deal for me.

Deozaan:
When that one reviewer said Immortal Defense had two major plot twists, that sealed the deal for me.
-Paul Keith (February 05, 2009, 02:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm on level 19 (out of 20) so unless there's a sudden plot twist on these last two levels, I don't think it's going to happen.

But you can make the path twist in all kinds of directions depending on where you place your towers. ;)

Paul Keith:
Lol  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version