ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Make Firefox 3 load faster

<< < (5/14) > >>

f0dder:
Fixing memory leaks: hunt down bugs in source code and recompile. No way around it.

As far CleanMem, at least it doesn't use the L-A-M-E old method of grabbing a truckload of memory - good. But it's still utterly useless, since Windows automatically does this trimming when needed. And while it's not guaranteed to flush things to the paging file, it can do that. Besides, even when not flushing dirty pages, clean pages (code from .exe/.dll files) will have to be re-read from disk if the application needs it. Since CleanMem runs through all processes (except blacklisted ones), it doesn't do the Least-[/b]Recently-Used which Windows itself does.

Stop obsessing over how much "free memory" windows task manager says you have, as this is a pretty useless figure.

cmpm:
and what has you thinkin i'm using task manager?

Fixing memory leaks: hunt down bugs in source code and recompile. No way around it.
--- End quote ---

i'd be glad to do this if i knew what i was doing

cmpm:
i'm not obsessing over anything, the main reason for me to use cleanmem is because i use minimize to tray and don't want to restart ff when mem gets crazy

and YES ff pops up right away out of the tray
like it's supposed to, like i want it to

sheesh...

dantheman:
Hi,

The main reason i was looking to make Firefox load faster was because of a theme (Silvermel) that stalling my browser (could type in url box, click links in toolbar etc for about 2 minuntes after start up, sometimes browser would simply go into limbo). The reason why i am absolutely certain now is because of the latest update that rendered my search engine box inoperative. It's not easy when you have about 20 extensions and half a dozen themes.

Thanks Mozilla team for this excellent browser!  :Thmbsup:

Just wish any extension/theme would cease to come into conflict with similar or with browser.
Opera doesn't have this issue with widgets (but they have other issues of course).

Don't need minimize to tray anymore!  ;D

mitzevo:
Run Firefox with no more than 3 extensions/addons and your ok!  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version