ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Make Firefox 3 load faster

<< < (6/14) > >>

OldElmerFudd:
Wow! That was quite the writeup Magis esse!  8)

And so many extensions!  :o I'm surprised you don't have many more issues.

Anyway, i did a quick search and someone in another forum pointed out that the History being kept is set at 90 days!  :huh: Yup. So i changed it to 7, cleared history cache and cookies and, although it may be too soon to tell, everything seems to be pretty well in ship shape now.

BTW, "MinimizetoTray" isn't to be confused with "Firefox Preloader" (which has been upgraded since 2005). The latter would preload/boot with the OS, not "MtT"

@cmpm, ya, i kind of had that intuition.
-dantheman (February 08, 2009, 08:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up about the history cache. It was something I'd overlooked and of course, it was set at the 90 days default! I've done all the tweaks to FF I want, ISTM. My main way of keeping the load time down is only using 7 extensions and 2 themes. FF loads for me in just under 30 seconds, but I'm not in a hurry. YMMV

dantheman:
You know, sometimes i wonder what the impact can be between extensions themselves?

I mean, perhaps you only have 7 extensions but maybe one of those doesn't like the face of only one other in the group.
Could this happen if there were even more like 30?

stoobee:
I have 7 extensions and 10 plugins. I run a Vista Premium box. FF3 opens in about 4 seconds. I had changed many of the settings, but then reinstalled the default settings. I have experienced no problems loading FF3.

dantheman:
Good for you stoobee!  :)

And welcome to DCF!

7 extensions is a pretty safe amount i would say.
Problem is that i like to try new ones.

Question is, do extensions have conflicting issues with others or with the browser or both?

Does re-installing extensions all in one shot using FEBE for example have an impact or is better to re-install them one by one, separate from the other?

phillfri:
Try the Firefox 3.1 beta2. It does seem considerably faster and more responsive than 3.06 in a lot of ways. Albeit, I'm not sure that load times are that much faster.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version