ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (169/192) > >>

Curt:
I use "Print Friendly" every day. But it is a bookmark button, so I have so far had to display the bookmark bar so often that naturally I stopped hiding it. Then of course I got annoyed that it took up so much space... Now the wonder solution is here: Bookmark Toolbar Menu Button

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/bookmark-toolbar-menu-button

IainB:
Zotero is an amazing new bibliographic reference manager. Calling it an "extension" doesn't do it justice. It behaves like a full-fledged application within Firefox. If you're a student, academician, researcher or writer, you really should check this out. If you've been saving for Endnote or RefWorks, you can probably spend that money on something else.
-Jonatan13 (March 23, 2016, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Zotero is an amazing new bibliographic reference manager. Calling it an "extension" doesn't do it justice. It behaves like a full-fledged application within Firefox. If you're a student, academician, researcher or writer, you really should check this out. If you've been saving for Endnote or RefWorks, you can probably spend that money on something else.
Note that Zotero requires Firefox 2.0.
Rick
-rkrause (October 07, 2006, 09:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
-Curt (March 24, 2016, 12:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for spotting my mistuk @Curt. I have corrected the link.

Curt:
from time to time it's good for me to be reminded of Codefisher's Toolbar Buttons:

https://codefisher.org/toolbar_button/
https://codefisher.org/toolbar_button/button_list/

As an example of what you can have, I have these Page Navigation Buttons by Button Guy >>Adds four buttons to help with page navigation: Page Top, Page Bottom, Page Down and Page Up<<

Toolbar Buttons is a button set for Firefox, Thunderbird. It is the largest set of buttons available for these application, boasting over 100 buttons for Firefox alone-Toolbar Buttons
--- End quote ---

MilesAhead:
Anyone know a trick to reduce the extension button delay on startup?  I have FF set to open about:blank and have Fast Dial as New Tab page.  But when I start FF it hangs for a few seconds as the extensions display their buttons in the AddOn Bar.  While this is going on FF will not open a new tab with a url.  It is like it is frozen for a few seconds.

This really bogs down my system startup routine.
Even after all the buttons show, pressing the Fast Dial button gets no reaction for a couple of seconds.  I don't remember FF being this lame.  Seems to be really clunky in versions over 30.  The version number changes so fast it is hard to remember where things started to go wrong.

Curt:

version 2, is where it began to go wrong.

Anyway; I have deactivated and tested this and that, but found no wonder cure. Here it's more than a couple of seconds... but of course you already knew that, from the length of the list of my addons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version