ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (152/192) > >>

Curt:
The current problems with >Google versus WinPrivacy< made me go searching for VTzilla. It was a little hard to find at first, because I knew the name "VirusTotal" but forgot the abbreviation "VT", so I kept imagining the word "virus" being part of the file name. I repeatedly found some Italian VirusTotal extensions, but not the right one. The right one, (if you're not Italian), is VTzilla, now "signed": https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/vtzilla/

VTzilla 1.5.1-signed
by Emiliano Martínez Contreras

Right-click on any link and scan the target with VirusTotal, scan your downloads with VirusTotal before storing them in your PC, free and easy.
More information at: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/vtzilla/
--- End quote ---

A good one to have.  :up:

IainB:
From DC Forum: Re: Transfer all opened tabs in browser to a txt file
^^ Yes, OneTab would be brilliant for this and other browsing information capture purposes. I have been trialing it for a couple of weeks, and it's very nifty.   :Thmbsup:
-IainB (August 21, 2015, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

It also minimises memory usage and noticeably speeds up one's browsing in Firefox.

MilesAhead:
A good one to have.
-Curt (August 21, 2015, 03:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree.  I like how it adds the scan button to the download/open dialog.  Sometimes it takes an extra click to get it to download after a scan but I can live with that.   :Thmbsup:

IainB:
Making use of OneTab.
The uses/functionality of this Add-on are described in the notes on the OneTab Add-on page. However, some further potential use might not be so obvious.
Two examples of how to make use of that further potential:

* You need to have the Scrapbook Add-on installed.
* You need to have the Quickfox Addon installed.
* You need to have Firefox Sync running to sync bookmarks at least.
1. Scrapbook:
You can save a OneTab page as-is at any point in time to a Scrapbook folder.

2. QuickFox:
Look to the upper RHS of a OneTab page, and you will see a link to Export / Import URLs. Clicking on that link opens up a new Tab that shows two sub-panes, "Import URLs", and "Export URLs".
Select all the text within the "Export URLs", right click it, and send it as a New Note in Quickfox. That saves it as a new note in your bookmarks (it's not a bookmark though, but just a note). Sync will then sync that note so that you or anyone else  (can be shared with a collaborative group) who has access to your Synced items account can open that note in QuickFox in Firefox.
(The notes on the OneTab Add-on page indicate that this kind of functionality may eventually be built-in to OneTab.)

Other examples: If you had these Add-ons/applications installed, you could also select all the text within the "Export URLs", right click it, and send/copy it:

* as copied text to CHS (Clipboard Help & Spell).    :Thmbsup:
* as selected text to the Scrapbook Add-on.    :Thmbsup:
* as selected text to WizNote (can be shared with a collaborative group).    :Thmbsup:
* as copied text to Wezinc.    :Thmbsup:
* as selected text to Zotero (can be shared with a collaborative group).    :Thmbsup:

Target:
huh, it seems onetab won't work for me no way no how (FF40.0.2 portable).

it seems to install ok, but no controls or menus are exposed so if it is there I can't interact with it.

Tried disabling ALL addins, changing to the default appearance, etc, and no go  :(

sure would like to recover some resources...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version