ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (149/192) > >>

Curt:
do I really have to read an entire book,-Curt (July 16, 2015, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
That link goes to 404...-IainB (July 16, 2015, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

sorry, I didn't LOOK at the link, so I hadn't yet realized the page was local - and chrome://bprivacy/content/BetterPrivacy.html doesn't work as a link, not even with a "http://" in front... Of course I already had BetterPrivacy installed, without cheating, when I began whining, but I had not yet realized it only will start working, when I close the browser. It removed 151 LSO things, the first time I closed Firefox. The next five times, there was nothing to delete. Therefore I have removed the "Work when I close my browser", and instead checked "Add this option to Firefox's >Clear History and ...<"

IainB:
Thought I'd post this as it looked interesting: Make Chrome and Firefox faster with just one click - CNET

I'm trialling it now, from: OneTab extension for Google Chrome and Firefox - save up to 95% memory and reduce tab clutter

BE WARNED - it's had good and bad reviews at the FF Add-Ons website OneTab :: Add-ons for Firefox

Curt:
http://www.palemoon.org/

The first 4 of many new, listed features / fixes:

Pale Moon 25.6.0 (2015-07-27) Release notes.
Fixes/changes:

Canvas anti-fingerprinting option: Pale Moon now includes the option to make canvas fingerprinting much more difficult. By setting the about:config preference canvas.poisondata to true, any data read back from canvas surfaces will be "poisoned" with humanly-imperceptible data changes. By default this is off, because it has a large performance impact on the routines reading this data.

Added a feature to allow icon fonts to be used even when users disallow the use of document-specified fonts. This should retain full navigation for icon-font heavy websites (no more dreaded "boxes" with hex codes) when custom text fonts are disabled.

Added a feature to prevent screen savers from kicking in when playing full-screen HTML5 video. This is currently not yet operational on Linux because of stability issues we've run into on that OS, but Windows should properly benefit from this change.

The "autocomplete=off" parameter for signon forms is now completely ignored by default, to keep the user in control of their browser's behavior and allowing credentials to be saved if wished. If you prefer the previous behavior, allowing a website to determine whether autocomplete should be allowed or not, then change the about:config preference signon.ignoreAutocomplete to false.

-etcetera, etcetera: http://www.palemoon.org/releasenotes.shtml-new Pale Moon 25.6
--- End quote ---

There are many versions:

IainB:
Cross-posted from:
Re: Packrat's tool for "Idea Surfing" the web
I hadn't seen (or had forgotten) this thread until @lifeweaver's post above brought it up in my feedreader today.
On reading it, I realised that the ScrapBook :: Add-ons for Firefox could probably meet the requirements in the OP.
I often use use Scrapbook to save a web page and any downloadable files linked to on that page at the same time. It usually works just fine.
Each clipped page goes as a set of small files into a uniquely-named date-time folder in the Scrapbook directory, and is indexed and/or searchable through the Scrapbook manager and Windows Desktop Search, Everything, etc.

I'd recommend you try it out. It's an amazingly useful little information capture and management tool.
There are forks off the Scrapbook Add-on, which look quite useful, though they don't meet my peculiar requirements.
--- End quote ---

Curt:
hm hm... http://www.unblocker.yt/en/youtube-unblocker-firefox :

I agree to highlight matching search results on search engines (such as Google) and to replace result links with affiliate links.-YouTube Unblocker
--- End quote ---
:o

But with a single click you can uncheck that 'option'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version