ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (148/192) > >>

MilesAhead:
@IainB  the one I wish FF had is Vanilla Cookie Manager for chrome.  You block everything then use the Vanilla Cookie Button if you wish to allow a site.  It is effortless.  My SAS scans went down to nearly 0 tracking cookies when I was using chrome as default with this extension.

Privacy Badger worked for me for a very short time.  Then all of a sudden it was like it wasn't even installed.  It blocked nada.

ewemoa:
the one I was recommending is only a bookmarklet button on your browser's panel, so it cannot work offline. Their server on their site is doing the job, but it is doing it very well  ;-) The other one, mentioned by Tom, is for your homepage, (read http://www.printfriendly.com/button), but of course also going to their site, http://www.printfriendly.com
-Curt (July 16, 2015, 02:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the clarification.

FWIW, it's a bit of work but I sometimes use a combination of "Inspect Element" followed by "Delete Node" before "printing".

Curt:

* BetterPrivacy: a useful extension that removes LSOs in Firefox, -IainB (July 16, 2015, 04:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

forgive my whining, but do I really have to read an entire book, before using this one? Does it work out of the box?  :tellme:

IainB:
...forgive my whining, but do I really have to read an entire book, before using this one? Does it work out of the box?  :tellme:
-Curt (July 16, 2015, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

That link goes to 404...
As to "Does it work out of the box?" - Why not install it and see?    :tellme:

MilesAhead:
...forgive my whining, but do I really have to read an entire book, before using this one? Does it work out of the box?  :tellme:
-Curt (July 16, 2015, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

That link goes to 404...
As to "Does it work out of the box?" - Why not install it and see?    :tellme:
-IainB (July 16, 2015, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

That would be cheating.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version